New Magico speaker - new M5?

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
...Now Cannata wants to try and explain why as a Magico fanboy, all else is inferior. I’m not buying into it. Are you?

I can understand that your limited understanding of science is hindering your abilities to argue your points and therefore you resort to insults. I find the terms 'fanboy' derogatory, and it is not be the first time you derail a thread in such matter. This is a public place, in a Magico dedicated section, we should be able to say what we feel, without name calling. People like you that add absolutely no value to any discussion should be a bit more respectful to others.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I can understand that your limited understanding of science is hindering your abilities to argue your points and therefore you resort to insults. I find the terms 'fanboy' derogatory, and it is not be the first time you derail a thread in such matter. This is a public place, in a Magico dedicated section, we should be able to say what we feel, without name calling. People like you that add absolutely no value to any discussion should be a bit more respectful to others.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::p

:confused::confused::eek:-------------------:)

How come you are not calling me a troll yet? That's next, right?:(

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I also find the term "fanboy" to be derogatory.

I think sbo6 was also trying to make the point further up thread that implementation matters and that a specific material alone is not enough on which to base general claims of superiority.
In want of a better term, and if the shoe fits...;)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The tweeter in Madfloyd's M Pro is fantastic and I did enjoy the tweeter in the M3 when I heard it at a dealer, well let's say the high frequency reproduction in this M series from Magico is really exceptional. I agree with cannata.

I agree with you; if there is one thing I ever liked about the M3 it is the tweeter (second best would be the speaker's coherence.) I felt it had electrostatic-like qualities, if that says anything.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Coherence or driver integration is in my opinion a hallmark of Magico speakers, based on the models I have heard, mainly the old M5 and Mini 2, the Q and M series. The S 5 Mk2 is also superb in this regard. I did not like the V3 bass driver integration with the rest of the drivers.

If driven properly, some Magico models have indeed reminded me of the speed, coherence and clarity of Ack's electrostatic MLs in the mid and upper frequency ranges. They sound different in other respects.

Reactions: Bodhi and ack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing