New member from Germany

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany
Hello to all ,
I am 64 years old and I collect tubes and old tubed german studio equipment during the last 30 or 40 years . I used this old things to make life recordings together with a friend . In the last years my interest is more and more tube DIY .
Not tubes itself ;) , but amplifiers and preamp with tubes . I have a collection of more than 8000 tubes , NOS and pull-outs and all are measured with my Neuberger RPM 375 :

Neuberger_RPM_375.jpg

My other equipment you can see here in the picture , i have three EMT turntables , EMT927 , 948 and 938 .
The loudspeakers are open baffle with four 24 zoll Fane Colossus and for the mids and highs a JBL 2360 horn with a coaxial BMS driver .

raum1.jpg

For small single endend tube amps , I have a pair A7 :

raum2.jpg

I am also a fan of german relay receivers ( Ballempfaenger ) and have four in my room with Rohde + Schwarz stereo decoders .

raum3.jpg

For more pictures , you can take a look on my homepage :

www.ak-tubes.de

Kind regards , Alexander .

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wow. Love the vintage electronics behind your sofa. And did yous say you have 8,000 tubes??? I don't think I have 8,000 of anything :).

Warm welcome to the forum. Hope to learn from your substantial experience.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Whoa, that is soooo awesome

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany
Thank you for your welcome . Yes , I have a lot of tubes , mostly of the long life ones , like E88CC ( 600 :D ) , ECC803s ( only a few left ) , F2a , EL156 and so on............
I collect them for many , many years and I love , to buy tubes . It is a piece of history and it is a piece of my history . My first mono amp with 12 was an amp with ECL86 out from an old radio . I love this sound , because the first transistor amps sounded bad for me at this time .
Here pictures from my little tube collection :

116-1699_IMG.jpg

127-2725_IMG.jpg

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Welcome and wow on the tubes !!!

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
very very impressive...you did say this is "your little tube collection";)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, cedreige and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum! Very nice tube stash, if I do say so myself. FYI, we have a tube supplier thread here at the WBF and I was curious as to whether or not you would like to unload some of those tubes? I would be happy to add you to the list of suppliers if you wish. That's your call.

In the meantime, would you happen to have any pairs of 12AX7Ei Gold pins? I am looking for some.

Again, welcome tot he WBF! :)

Tom

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany
Hello Tom ,
thank you also for your welcome , but I am not a tube supplier , only a collector ( my wife says that I am a messie :) ) .
It is real , that I don´t need all this tubes for further projects and I think , I will sell a few of them in the future .

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay, no problem. Just thought I would ask sir. ;)

If you do happen to run across a good pair of 12AX7 Ei Gold pins, let me know please. Thanks. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the forum and all it has to offer.

Tom

Last edited:

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany
Hello Tom ,
I have no 12AX? Ei with gold pins . I have only old tubes from Germany and Europe like Valvo , TFK , Siemens , Lorenz and so on . I have no tubes from new stock and production in my collection . I had very good Tesla E83CC , which is a copy from TFK ECC803s with frame grids , the Tesla ECC803s is not a frame grid tube like the TFK . But the Teslas are all sold .

DSC_0003a.jpg

This picture shows the different samples of ECC83 :

ecc83.jpg

From left to right : TFK "ribbed plate" , TFK "flat plate" , Valvo E283CC , Valvo E83CC , TFK ECC803S

audio-land

Member Sponsor
May 9, 2015
www.audio-land.net
Hello Tom ,
I have no 12AX? Ei with gold pins . I have only old tubes from Germany and Europe like Valvo , TFK , Siemens , Lorenz and so on . I have no tubes from new stock and production in my collection . I had very good Tesla E83CC , which is a copy from TFK ECC803s with frame grids , the Tesla ECC803s is not a frame grid tube like the TFK . But the Teslas are all sold .

View attachment 24883

This picture shows the different samples of ECC83 :

View attachment 24884

From left to right : TFK "ribbed plate" , TFK "flat plate" , Valvo E283CC , Valvo E83CC , TFK ECC803S

Hi Alexander, have you compared tfk ecc803s with tesla e83cc? Thank you

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany

audio-land

Member Sponsor
May 9, 2015
www.audio-land.net

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing