New member sent from Coventry

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Greetings. I'm introducing myself as a regular member although I should add that I spent 2008 to 2020 in the trade. For the sake of clarity, I am no longer in the trade.

Like many, I started out with a love of music that eventually led me to explore ways of further enjoying my music. Many years ago I used Musical Fidelity (various models from A3.2 to A5) and Revel F32 speakers. A few years later I had moved to a Wadia 581 CDP, McIntosh MC1000 mono amps but the speakers stayed. I thoroughly enjoyed those systems and it was the speaker search that led me on quite a journey to find what else is out there...

..it was my 'discovery' of Lumen White speakers that encouraged me to start my own UK based company and import carefully selected products that were 'off the beaten track' and offered world class performance. Thomas Labusga diffusers and Teo Audio liquid Cables were early additions to my company; it was finding the right amplifier to fully exploit the Lumen White that took a lot of extra effort (see below). A later addition to the portfolio was Tripoint grounding components.

After hearing a variety of amplifiers, I decided I'd have to take a trip first to Switzerland and then to Japan. Cue forward to Japan 2008 - I met Robert Koch in Tokyo, who had recently started his own brand of amplifier. I'd heard other amps on the trip to Japan; suffice to say, I became the exclusive UK importer for Robert K?da from 2008 to 2020.

Unfortunately, partly due to being stuck abroad for a year in the pandemic, and other non-related factors, it was time for me to move on from the audio trade. (Rather than elaborate, I refer you to https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/state-of-the-industry-roy-gregory-editorial.34618/ and I'll just add that I am glad to be out...)

I still own various ex-demo components from my company. I have attached an old image of an early system set up back from 2009. And yes, this demonstration system was in Coventry :) You will see the system in a state of flux as source is a laptotp but even at that point I was pleased with the sound. The K10 then the K15 came later (sorry can't find those images) and the system performance improved as expected.

Unknown.jpeg

Below is a picture from our first UK audio show presence, albeit before the K?da gear arrived so I had to unexpectedly use my personal amplification I owned at that time:

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unexpectedly, still in a state of flux as I have sold the speakers (still miss them) and am currently wondering which direction to go with the remaining components, Robert Kõda, Tripoint et al. Times may change but the one constant is the love of music. I have joined to discuss and learn from others, possibly share some experiences... who knows, maybe even sell some kit. :)

Last edited:

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Welcome to What's Best Forum Run-DMC

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Thanks for the welcome
Run-DMC are cool. I'm Run-RMC.
Run (from the hi-fi trade) and RMC are my initials.

Reactions: bonzo75

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Greetings. I'm introducing myself as a regular member although I should add that I spent 2008 to 2020 in the trade. For the sake of clarity, I am no longer in the trade.

Like many, I started out with a love of music that eventually led me to explore ways of further enjoying my music. Many years ago I used Musical Fidelity (various models from A3.2 to A5) and Revel F32 speakers. A few years later I had moved to a Wadia 581 CDP, McIntosh MC1000 mono amps but the speakers stayed. I thoroughly enjoyed those systems and it was the speaker search that led me on quite a journey to find what else is out there...

..it was my 'discovery' of Lumen White speakers that encouraged me to start my own UK based company and import carefully selected products that were 'off the beaten track' and offered world class performance. Thomas Labusga diffusers and Teo Audio liquid Cables were early additions to my company; it was finding the right amplifier to fully exploit the Lumen White that took a lot of extra effort (see below). A later addition to the portfolio was Tripoint grounding components.

After hearing a variety of amplifiers, I decided I'd have to take a trip first to Switzerland and then to Japan. Cue forward to Japan 2008 - I met Robert Koch in Tokyo, who had recently started his own brand of amplifier. I'd heard other amps on the trip to Japan; suffice to say, I became the exclusive UK importer for Robert K?da from 2008 to 2020.

Unfortunately, partly due to being stuck abroad for a year in the pandemic, and other non-related factors, it was time for me to move on from the audio trade. (Rather than elaborate, I refer you to https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/state-of-the-industry-roy-gregory-editorial.34618/ and I'll just add that I am glad to be out...)

I still own various ex-demo components from my company. I have attached an old image of an early system set up back from 2009. And yes, this demonstration system was in Coventry :) You will see the system in a state of flux as source is a laptotp but even at that point I was pleased with the sound. The K10 then the K15 came later (sorry can't find those images) and the system performance improved as expected.

View attachment 91693

Unexpectedly, still in a state of flux as I have sold the speakers (still miss them) and am currently wondering which direction to go with the remaining components, Robert Kõda, Tripoint et al. Times may change but the one constant is the love of music. I have joined to discuss and learn from others, possibly share some experiences... who knows, maybe even sell some kit. :)

Welcome. Love the Koda and that rear diffusion panel. What is the brand of that central panel?

Any analogue for you or only digital?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Run, are you the fellow who ran the distributorship from whom I procured the home demo of the Koda K10, some 8 years ago?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi Spirit, yes that's me. Hope that demo proved useful.
Well maybe, at the end I decided to keep the £25k in my bank account Lol.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Run, I really liked it in many ways, if I was a solid state guy w more means, it would be the first preamp I'd (re)investigate, that plus the K15.

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Well, I will be selling some kit and who knows, maybe even Robert K?da. As it stands, I'm reluctant to part with my K?da gear. My K15 is special but I am especially fond of my K70 GII as that is a truly phenomenal creation IMO.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome! An enormous fan of Robert Koda. Meanwhile, I see you have a Lignum Vitae LP weight for sale...i have heard great things about Dalby. I have often wondered what would happen if we placed one of those on top of the Zanden Transport?! If you've ever tried the Dalby weight on anything but a TT, please let me know!

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Thanks for the welcome LL21.

I have not tired the Dalby TT weight on anything but TTs and it makes a noticeably audible difference; to my ears more definition around instruments and a more holographic vocal presentation. There's always a way to find out but, as you know, there are more focused products for the use you suggest; have you tried HRS damping plates?

Anyway, I had a look at your kit. Pre-2021 there is/was a K10 in Leeds area, my K15 and K70 GII in Coventry and a guy with MC One, K15EX and K70 GII in London area. I see you've acquired the K15 EX and K160. So, welcome to the RK club LL21 :)

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
A hearty welcome Run-RMC. Given your extensive experience, I'm sure you will offer WBF Members a reasoned voice and lots of valuable insights.

Reactions: Run-RMC

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Agree on all points--I've owned two Shun Mook Weights-the Short Squat version and the current larger one.

Having heard a Dalby in direct comparison with my current SM on a Shindo 301System I can quantify Ked's decision

The Dalby edges it unfortunately a tad out of my pay grade sadly--I still have the SM.

Bruce

Reactions: bonzo75

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Welcome, I recognize those speakers ;)

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Thanks for the welcome. I've seen a lot of top quality kit come and go over the years but it is those particular Lumen White that I actually miss. Really superb speakers. At least they went to a good home :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing