New MSB footers 2021

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
MSB footers 2021.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Just a piece of CNC stainless steel. Why bother?
i guess we will see. have 2 sets inbound. these are very inexpensive.

initially i will use one set with the Select Headphone amp sitting atop my Select dac, replacing the rubber feet.

when my 3 box Aesthetix Io Eclipse phono arrives in 4-6 weeks, to free up rack space, i will likely need to stack the Select power supplies and will use the other set.

Last edited:

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Just a piece of CNC stainless steel. Why bother?
They have a Viton fluoroelastomer tip that has excellent damping characteristics as well as preventing damage to racks or when stacking MSB components.

Ken

Reactions: Young Skywalker

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
i received my 2 sets of new stainless MSB footers, and just installed one set on my MSB Select Electrostatic Headphone amp. of my 4 MSB Select chassis, it's the only one that was using the hard rubber stock footers, the MSB Select II dac power supplies are each on double Daiza shelves by themselves. the MSB Select II dac box is on a single Dazia shelf under the Headphone amp. all three of those are using the small Daiza foam filled footers as the chassis interface.

i did a before and after A/B listening session. note that uniquely a headphone amp will not be effected by music feedback, nor should the signal path either, in theory. we are only then dealing with the basic ground noise, chassis noise itself, and any inherent instability of the rack, floor or footers.

i am hearing a clear small improvement in fine detail and delicacy. and a greater degree of the absence of any sort of processed sound. i think simply less smear to the sound manifesting itself in a more real sound. this is not big. but in terms of listenability it is big. an electrostatic headphone will tell you about delicacy like no other transducer.....particularly the Stax 009S with this amp.

i suspect that were i to do this same comparison using speakers with the dac and power supplies, we would hear more differences. but that is just conjecture. at some point i will A/B these with the Daiza footers as i have another set. not sure how that would end up. but at $120 for a set of 4 there is no excuse to use the MSB rubber footers.

$120 well spent on my $120k dac + $38k headphone amp.:eek:

MSB footers (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
AFAIK MSB hasn't supplied rubber footers in years. What they have supplied is solid metal footers. Not sure if they are now including these tipped footers as standard...

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
If they are shipped as stock footers then Select owners would be entitled to a set as the select comes with a 10 year free upgrade guarantee.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Free!? o_O haha

I remember that it's a promise of upgrading to the new model with deduction of the price of the original Select model.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
So MSB is including their new footers for their new Select II customers but their previous Select II customers have to pay for them. Since previous Select II customers had to pay $13,000 more for their Select II DACs than new Select II customers, the least MSB could do is send previous Select II customers a free set of new footers. It’s pretty clear to me that MSB doesn’t care about their previous Select II customers, only their new Select II customers. I may rethink my allegiance to MSB going forward.

Ken

Reactions: dandylinpsst

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
i respect that everyone has a right to their personal expectation, but i would hope that any Select II owner would reach out to their dealer or directly to MSB prior to assuming worst case with these footers relative to the Select II purchase pledge. if you have and got shut down then by all means express yourself. and i don't know how MSB (or your dealer) might react.

i admit that it though went through my mind about this subject prior to buying these two sets. but i've been so well taken care of at every step by MSB (honestly feeling part of their family) i made the choice to just buy them and not ask about them being given to me.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
i respect that everyone has a right to their personal expectation, but i would hope that any Select II owner would reach out to their dealer or directly to MSB prior to assuming worst case with these footers relative to the Select II purchase pledge. if you have and got shut down then by all means express yourself. and i don't know how MSB (or your dealer) might react.

i admit that it though went through my mind about this subject prior to buying these two sets. but i've been so well taken care of at every step by MSB (honestly feeling part of their family) i made the choice to just buy them and not ask about them being given to me.
Me too.
Been using MSB for many years and kept on upgrading.
Been served very well by MSB and the HK local dealer.
Zero complaint.
:)

magichifi

Aug 21, 2016
Sheffield
Ordered four sets on recommendation from The HiFi Guy for my dac/power supply and transport/power supply I have these on a Finite element rack on their std rubber feet, I have to say I was doubtful if I would hear any improvement but I'm glad to say that I did, it seems that the instruments have more air around them and everything just seems a little sharper and as a bonus they look great too

Reactions: CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing