New reel to reel tape recorders

cdmagnetics

Jan 7, 2019
Hi there!

My name is Antonia and I'm the co-founder of a company building new reel to reel tape recorders. We're called Central Dogma Magnetics. You may have seen my post on Tapeheads.

My partners Gray (electrical engineer and inventor,) Al (mechanical engineer) and I have been working on this startup for a few months and we will have completed the first draft of our prototype by the end of the month. Check out our progress in the below picture.

At the moment, we're determining what models we will produce (2 track, 4 track, or both); completing our application for our college's business plan competition to hopefully win a few grand; working on the prototype, and much more.

If you're interested in our venture, connect with us by commenting below, emailing me at nuzzolo@cdmagnetics.com, and check out our website, cdmagnetics.com. We can talk about our business model, you can give us your opinions on what models we should offer, you can send me pictures of your r2r, and everything in between! Thanks for your time.

Photo Dec 30, 5 39 28 PM.jpg

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I would like to see:

1/2 track
15 ips
IEC and NAB EQ switchable from the front of the unit

Importatnt but slightly less important

Circuitry which allows an external tape preamp to go connected, along with a switch to allow going back forth from internal to external.

Good luck with this.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Antonia!

I think you’ll find a warm reception from tape enthusiasts here.

Reactions: cdmagnetics

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing