New review..... but not for my loudspeakers

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I'm a loudspeaker designer..... but loudspeakers do not play music. So, I'm always borrowing or buying other things needed to make up a system. Unfortunately, sometimes it's too expensive, or I can't find something I particularly like. In many of those cases, instead of making do with what is available to me, I design my own. Some of the time, what I design turns out to be pretty good.

This is one example of serendipity - it's something I never would have believed in, until it turned out to be pretty good. Audiophile power cables.

Patrick Dillon, weary of power cable swaps, resolves to evaluate Gary Koh’s new Absolute Fidelity power cords, or interfaces, and discovers a renewed enthusiasm for the right cord with the right component. “The Absolute Fidelity power interface made such an instant impact on the sound that I almost doubted what I was hearing… I find myself thinking my next upgrades have to be Absolute Fidelity cords.

http://www.hifizine.com/2013/06/absolute-fidelity-power-interfaces/

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great review Gary! I've known Patrick for a few years now. He's a straight shooter. Time I gave your babies a try eh? :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I must say I agree with Patrick. I have 10 of Gary's Absolute Fidelity power cords in my system and they work very well.

I also like that they are not so big, stiff and heavy. it does make them easy to live with.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
You've got my power cords? I thought that I knew every one of my customers :D

After Mike's very favorable report on Gary's power cables I have to figure out a way to compare Absolute Fidelity versus Masterbuilt Ultra versus Sablon Reserva versus Cardas Clear Beyond!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
After Mike's very favorable report on Gary's power cables I have to figure out a way to compare Absolute Fidelity versus Masterbuilt Ultra versus Sablon Reserva versus Cardas Clear Beyond!

I just purchased my 12th Absolute Fidelity power cord (I needed another one for my newly acquired Studer A-820).

and to bring this thread (from 2013) up to speed, a year ago I upgraded all the plugs on my Absolute Fidelity power cords to the Furutech NCF level plugs.....which was a noticeable step up in vividness and dynamics.

highly recommended.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Will Gary make the Absolute Fidelity power cords with the Furutech NCF plugs as an OEM option?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Mike!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Will Gary make the Absolute Fidelity power cords with the Furutech NCF plugs as an OEM option?

I've heard good things about the Furutech NCF, but unfortunately, did not have the time to do the necessary due diligence on upgrading it. Then, I have to keep parts in stock, etc. One of my dealers, Joe Pitman, buys the standard cord from me, and upgrades it with with NCF as a custom-order for Mike. You can find him at www.kosmic.us

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I've heard good things about the Furutech NCF, but unfortunately, did not have the time to do the necessary due diligence on upgrading it. Then, I have to keep parts in stock, etc. One of my dealers, Joe Pitman, buys the standard cord from me, and upgrades it with with NCF as a custom-order for Mike. You can find him at www.kosmic.us

That is all very clear now, Gary. Thank you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing