New Synergistic Research Carbon Tuning Discs

tommylion

Feb 14, 2022
Anyone else looking to try these, when they are available?

I have had good results with the ECTs they are replacing (as well as the purple fuses & MiG 2.0s), and am looking forward to trying them.

tommylion

Feb 14, 2022
They are available, just ordered mine. I'll post my impressions when I get them and put in some listening time.

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Reactions: SeagoatLeo

tommylion

Feb 14, 2022
tvad,

I see you have some nice Audio Note gear. I am a big fan, and have a DAC Kit 1.1, along with a pair of E/Ls. I aspire to upgrade to a current Level 3 setup.

Reactions: Gjo

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
tvad,

I see you have some nice Audio Note gear. I am a big fan, and have a DAC Kit 1.1, along with a pair of E/Ls. I aspire to upgrade to a current Level 3 setup.
Thank you! I have some new AN amps ordered, so my Conquest Silvers will be available through my dealer. I have found AN amps are perfectly paired with AN speakers. I have tried a dozen alternative amplifiers and none quite matched up as well, although I did audition a USA parallel SET amplifier that did very well on my Es.

Send me a PM if you’d like more info. I don’t want to sidetrack your SR thread.

Republicoftexas69

I will be ordering them this evening. What the heck no risk with the 30 day return privilege.

Republicoftexas69

Nice to have a place to post about tweaks in a forum that you do not get jumped in.

Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

tommylion,
Hello there!

Here is what I posted on Audiogon that got deleted.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

I know, I know, I was skeptical too. But these little buggers are impressive. So much so that they may transform the high-end cable business, they're that good.

ozzy

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Why was that deleted?

Reactions: Nascimento

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Here is what Audiogon sent to me via email:
Tammy (Audiogon)
Feb 14, 2022, 7:20 PM EST
Ken,

There are too many reasons as to why the thread was closed.
It is not relevant to the other members. They do not need to know the reason.
Tammy

Tammy (Audiogon)
Tammy (Audiogon)

Feb 14, 2022, 6:42 PM EST

Ken,

I'm afraid it's not my decision.

Tammy

• Sad
Reactions: Republicoftexas69

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Best I can determine is 2 reasons.

1. It looks like Audiogon has been taken over by the looneys who want to argue about everything until the thread gets removed.

2. Plus, I think Audiogon wants advertising money, not someone like me promoting a new product that can be bought through other means than Audiogons classified.

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks, there needs to be some updating in the classified section to compete with Audiogon but otherwise I'm gonna give this site a chance.
BTW, where is grannyring?

ozzy

Reactions: Mossback

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
ozzy - Did you put these on the connector or on the cable itself?

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

pmiller

Oct 7, 2020
The Cable Company now has these in stock. They are sold together as 2 pairs of discs -one pair of purple and one pair of Gold for $199.00.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing