New System Updates

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Couple of shots of the new System with new Jeff Rowland 925 amps and EMM Labs DV2 DA/Preamp additions.
Now for some music and movies!!

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
That looks great! Enjoy!!!!!

Reactions: gfroman

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It looks awesome Gregg; those speakers are the Cadillac, make that the Limousine of first fatal attraction. The rest completes the battalion to a pristine white pair of gloves (King castle butler).

* The Kuro is perfect for those music concert videos on Blu-ray. :cool:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations!

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Gregg, looking @ the JR 925 amps I see a dividing line as if it is two component enclosures per speaker. Could you please describe in your own words what they are, what's inside, and what they do to the sound reproduction.

Normally I would Google to read all the specs with internal pictures but this time I make an exception to let you describe.

Finally, the EMM Labs DV2 Preamp/Digital-to-Analog Converter unit; same as above...what it does to the sound, the features, your happiness music/film level.

I hope it's not too much asking ... :)

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
The bottom units under the amps, are Rowland power supplies that convert AC/DC.
This attributes to the amps dead quiet background!
Have to say the quality of workmanship in these are better than anything I have seen - simply incredible!!

The DV2 s great too - there is no fiddling around with options and filters, etc.
Simply plug in your digital devices and go - really simple and user friendly.
The digital volume control is also super transparent.

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing