New TAD M700 & M700S

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
E2D337BC-D386-4F86-A0E2-8CA4391C0F03.jpeg

Google traductor:

TAD-M700 / M700S development concept Ten years have passed since the TAD M600 was released. While inheriting the “elephant,” “necessary,” and “takumi”, which are also the concept of the M600, we are pursuing products suitable for new flagship power amplifiers by introducing the technical know-how accumulated so far. In this model, the conventional M600 was a monaural amplifier, but two models of monaural specification and 2ch specification were added to the lineup so that you can choose according to the usage environment of the owner and the product to be combined. Planning intention A newly developed transformer is used to achieve speaker drive with higher power. The newly developed aluminum cast chassis is also used. Aluminum with a large internal loss is used to eliminate unnecessary resonance and achieve low impedance. Other bahts and circuits have been completely reviewed, and a power amplifier suitable for driving TAD-R1TX.

Reactions: Panas

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The making of TAD-M700 :

Reactions: Stef, RussR and ddk

petzzz

Dec 3, 2020
IMG_7328.jpg

Had the pleasure of auditioning this recently... I am not eloquent in discription but overall, the TAD is simply lovely and a different class compared to the Accuphase monoblocks. I hear more things, presentation very calm and music not rushed and everything is very clear.
Hope this makes sense ...

Last edited:

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
The TAD monos make the Accuphase amplifiers look and sound like children’s toys

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
According to Patrick 388, a famous Hong Kong hifi reviewer/blogger/Youtuber, the TAD 700S is the best poweramp he has ever listened to :

(sorry, it's in Chinese :p)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A good friend of mine has just bought a pair of the 700 monos to pair with his Magico M3 speakers.
The preamp and sacd player are 3900 and 750 of Accuphase respectively.

IMG-20210805-WA0013~2.jpg

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
I initially used the Accuphase C-3900 preamp with my TAD M700 mono amplifiers as well. I switched to the Nagra HD Preamp HV, which (with its super capacitor separate power supply) is, despite being a tube unit, superior to the Accuphase in dynamics, bass, & texture. I recently heard the TAD D600 SACD player & C600 preamp (in another system), and they were clearly superior to their Accuphase equivalents as well. Perhaps your friend should consider getting all the TAD Reference electronics ……

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I initially used the Accuphase C-3900 preamp with my TAD M700 mono amplifiers as well. I switched to the Nagra HD Preamp HV, which (with its super capacitor separate power supply) is, despite being a tube unit, superior to the Accuphase in dynamics, bass, & texture. I recently heard the TAD D600 SACD player & C600 preamp (in another system), and they were clearly superior to their Accuphase equivalents as well. Perhaps your friend should consider getting all the TAD Reference electronics ……
Hi Rakers,
Congrats!
Thanks for your tips.

But because of different tax systems and dealerships, the net price of Nagra HD Preamp HV is more than 2 times of that of Accuphase 3900 in Hong Kong.

We get what we pay for. :rolleyes:

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Wondering if you try the TAD preamp?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
ADB9D444-4118-4081-8DCC-F1447CD805E2.jpeg
I recently had a demo in dealer’s showroom full TAD electronics. Very impressive.
Next time will try to arrange to compare with the accuphase

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Will there be a new TAD Series700 preamp soon?
You guys have any insider's info?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Will there be a new TAD Series700 preamp soon?
You guys have any insider's info?
No info. But I think should be soon as C600 has been around for quite a while.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
So have I, agree, but definitely better with TAD electronics (at least in my subjective opinion)

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
Kimura, thanks for posting this picture with the R1’s and CR1’s.

When the CR1’s first came out, I had the opportunity to get them or the R1’s (at a very good price). It still torments me to this day I didn’t get the R1’s, but chose the much more practical sized CR1’s, being in a New York City condo.

I have added subs to the CR1’s (supertweeters as well) to make them more full range. I do love the CR1’s and will probably never sell them, but the promise of the R1’s always haunted me.

Seeing your picture of them both together in a straight on view like that made me realize just how massive the R1’s are in comparison. I also think for my height and listening distance the CST in the smaller speaker is a better match. I’ve only heard the R1’s at a show many years ago, so I’ve never really heard their true capabilities. I suppose ignorance is bliss.

I used to hear a lot of live unamplified music in people’s homes and small jazz clubs here in NYC, and feel like the TAD’s convey a good dose of the live experience. I sometimes listen from the mezzanine level of my space to the system down below and while it’s way off axis vertically, the illusion of a band playing before me is uncanny. Here’s a pic of a very old setup but gives the idea. For a time I had the super tweeters aimed at the mezzanine level for listing at that position, as can be seen. F44B57C5-2948-47A5-A8AF-BE00836DCFA4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Panas and rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing