New Tekton Design Double Impact BE.

purevinyl

Jan 7, 2018
I've heard the standard Tekton Double Impact SE with SS (T+A ) and Tubes (VAC-200iQ monos) they are great sounding speaker. but they definitely have the DIY look, but that tweeter array is something and it works! great midrange and dynamics and nice top end..

imo: Tekton best speaker is the Encore (its big) and cost is like $8K and will easily compete with Wilson Alexia and Magico S5/M3. actually the results could be embarrassing!

imo: in the world of Hi-End Audio, i've learned sometimes, the better the products "looks" the worst they sound! (speakers/cables/amps etc..) i'm sure someone has experienced this?

Last edited:

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
Funny thing is, he Eric, the owner had a long one page diatribe on how BE is the worse material to use as a tweeter on his web site for a few years and now suddenly he has seen the light ! Its the best thing going.. Shill sales ,, I have heard them and they sound as bad as they look ! Awful

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
From an engineering perspective they look dumb as hell, but maybe they're slightly smarter than appearance give, MAYBE. Nothing on the website would say so.

Reactions: Lagonda

purevinyl

Jan 7, 2018
Funny thing is, he Eric, the owner had a long one page diatribe on how BE is the worse material to use as a tweeter on his web site for a few years and now suddenly he has seen the light ! Its the best thing going.. Shill sales ,, I have heard them and they sound as bad as they look ! Awful

I still stand by my previous comments. I've heard the speakers in private with very nice electronics and thought the sounded good. not sure how they sounded at the audio shows, I think they use crap electronics.

To be honest I don't care about looks and performance is always first and foremost .

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I've heard the standard Tekton Double Impact SE with SS (T+A ) and Tubes (VAC-200iQ monos) they are great sounding speaker. but they definitely have the DIY look, but that tweeter array is something and it works! great midrange and dynamics and nice top end..

imo: Tekton best speaker is the Encore (its big) and cost is like $8K and will easily compete with Wilson Alexia and Magico S5/M3. actually the results could be embarrassing!

imo: in the world of Hi-End Audio, i've learned sometimes, the better the products "looks" the worst they sound! (speakers/cables/amps etc..) i'm sure someone has experienced this?

The Encores could be this good!

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/tekton-design-encore-loudspeaker

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
They could be that bad also ! SB drivers and a prayer !
Why respond to these cheap advertising post ? Let them use their time on Audiogon, people are more gullible over there !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing