No Handshake

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Trying to get the connection from the SFP output of my Edge Router X-SFP to a Sonore Optical module then Ethernet to my Bricasti M21 to see each other. While I can see ‘light’ coming through the cable, the Bricasti and Router fail to handshake. I have rebooted the router and the Bricasti in many sequences all to no avail.

I am not an expert and have no idea why the Ethernet cable only connection would work but when I use the SFP output and Sonore OM, it doesn’t.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Maybe u are mixing MM and SM modules or u have the correct modules but the incorrect type of fiber cable (again SM or MM cable)

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Thank you for your reply. The modules and fiber were purchased as part Sonore’s System Optique. While you may be right, I went with their recommendation.

Bricasti says it should work fine.

I am stumped. But happy enough using the Ethernet connection through my Gigafoil v4 so this is not a big deal.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Due to covid people aren't handshaking.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Good one!
I still haven’t figured out why it’s not working so it all sits in a box.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Sometimes the SFPs need an extra push to get them to fully seat.

Reactions: Macattack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing