No USB on Zen Stream in Roon Exclusive mode

jmendes

Oct 19, 2022
Hi - I don't know if this is a Roon 2.0 thing, but my Zen Stream works just fine except for when using USB and switching to Roon exclusive mode, I don't get any output. In All In One mode, USB for Roon works just fine. When in AIO mode on the Zen Stream, in the Roon Audio settings, I see the Zen Stream and the associated USB interface (it's connect to a Signature One DAC). However, when I switch to Roon exclusive and I look at the Roon Audio settings it notes that the Zen Stream is using SPDIF (when I have the USB cable connected).

What's odd, if I am using USB I can go to Tidal exclusive mode, works great. I can go to DLNA mode and use Audirvana, works great. If I switch to coax, then I can use Roon in exclusive mode but not with USB.

This is very odd. Is there something I am missing?

Also - I could not find a way to start or move this topic into the Zen Stream thread…

~ Jim

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi - I don't know if this is a Roon 2.0 thing, but my Zen Stream works just fine except for when using USB and switching to Roon exclusive mode, I don't get any output. In All In One mode, USB for Roon works just fine. When in AIO mode on the Zen Stream, in the Roon Audio settings, I see the Zen Stream and the associated USB interface (it's connect to a Signature One DAC). However, when I switch to Roon exclusive and I look at the Roon Audio settings it notes that the Zen Stream is using SPDIF (when I have the USB cable connected).

What's odd, if I am using USB I can go to Tidal exclusive mode, works great. I can go to DLNA mode and use Audirvana, works great. If I switch to coax, then I can use Roon in exclusive mode but not with USB.

This is very odd. Is there something I am missing?

Also - I could not find a way to start or move this topic into the Zen Stream thread…

~ Jim
Hello Jim

Welcome to the What's Best Forums.

Cheers,
Christoph

tom539

Dec 28, 2021
@jmendes
open a web-browser and Open the Pi-Adress of the ZEN following by :3100 - example: 192.168.2.190:3100

There you can switch the output in Roon-Mode.

atb, Tom

Reactions: christoph

jmendes

Oct 19, 2022
Perfect! Work great. I will remember that port number. Not sure if iFi has those things listed, but I am thinking this is still a bug that will be fixed later.

Thanks again for the help.
Jim

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
@jmendes
open a web-browser and Open the Pi-Adress of the ZEN following by :3100 - example: 192.168.2.190:3100

There you can switch the output in Roon-Mode.

atb, Tom
Thank you very much for your help!

Perfect! Work great. I will remember that port number. Not sure if iFi has those things listed, but I am thinking this is still a bug that will be fixed later.

Thanks again for the help.
Jim
I will send feedback to the lab. Please send me a DM with your Zen Stream's software version :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing