NOLA

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I heard the NOLA speakers are very good any opinions will be appreciated would like to buy a pair of baby grand

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The .NOLA is open baffle design. That means it is a dipole. I think these are good attributes.
I highly recomend them from what I have heard at shows.
An audition is warranted.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Yes they do need an audition but they are quite expensive I wish I could get a good used pair want to use them with the Canary audio 300B amps

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Multi-driver speakers benefit from rather hefty a.plification.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
The Nola Baby Grand is similar in concept to the Infinity RS2B from the early 80's, only using conventional cone midranges. If you're into dipole radiating hybrid speakers, I'd look at the Genesis Maestro which is comparatively good value. Or you could consider a full dipole planar magnetic speaker like GT Audio Works GTA3.1r's or TSW Diva Extremes which are around the same price as the Maestro's. Personally i'd go home with Rich Murray's Diva Extremes every day of the week over the Baby Grands.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing