Nordost Heimdall 2 vs Wireworld Eclipse 8 vs Jorma Trinity Speaker Cable?

Sangbro

Dec 19, 2020
Hello,

Marten Parker + Boulder 866.

I demoed with PAD speaker cable. PAD works great with relatively bright & sharp speakers like Utopia from Focal.
(by slightly rolled of the edge of the top) - PAD has warmth, rounded big bass and smoothness

But for my combination, I want to try make the sound a bit more acute and give little more openness to top part.
If possible. (Boulder makes the sound rounded already.)

I tried Canare 4s11. Kind of okay but I think I might do better.
I want to try Mogami reference cable, but it’s impossible to get.

So, my candidates are

- Jorma Trinity (Marten uses Jorma Cable, the description sounds like the one I want but not much actual information from real experience)
- Nordost Heimdall 2 (I expect lean & sharp character from Nordost)
- Kimber Carbon 16 (Monocle is too warm)
- Wireworld Eclipse 8 (I know a person went to Demo of Marten Mingus. The dealer used Jorma first then switched to Eclipse. - But this eclipse is the reference one, I’m talking about the BASIC eclipse.)

Or any other cable that might have similar character.
I don’t want to spend the money, I want to tune a sound a bit.
I’m not even talking about improving sound overall, (at least it looks like a really tough challenge), yet I know the sound might change. - The reason? I honestly think even cable manufacturers don’t really know.
Still I need to tune the sound.

This would be my final possible touch. (Except speaker cable, I don’t have any other variables in sound chain.)

Thicker cable is preferred though I only plan to run 2-2.5m. (I know the theory, but I have my own reason.)

Thank you.

FDPDK

May 15, 2021
Denmark
Well Nordost is in my view no longer lean and sharp. i think it was in the first iteration. Aside from that , with your components i would suggest at least Nordost Frey2 and better yet Nordost Tyr2.
In my view what Nordost gives you is a very sharp look into the recording , especially tonality of the singer where very small changes in their voice suddenly becomes really obvious , bass is also much more refined and detailed , thats a least how it has been for me. I also had the fortune to have a Nordost Valhalla 2 Loudspeaker cable in my system , my thoughts was something like now it will really show the shortcomings of my equipment....but to my surprise instead it raised my system, to a hole new level....which i would not have believed possible.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing