Nordost Tyr tonearm cable

monty68

Dec 18, 2022
Hi,

New member here looking for some advice.

I have a Nordost Tyr tonearm cable on my SMEV with the WBT RCA connectors and was wondering if it is a simple job or even possible to reterminate these with XLR connectors so I can run them balanced into my phono stage which has XLR inputs and outputs?

What about the separate ground wire?

Thanks!

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
if it is a simple job or even possible to reterminate these with XLR connectors so I can run them balanced into my phono stage which has XLR inputs and outputs?
I believe it is possible but contact Nordost to confirm. They might even re-terminate it for a nominal fee.

I owned this cable at one time and it responded incredibly well to being cooked by Nordost on their Vidar. I would highly recommend this. Many of their dealers are equipped to do this.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I have had Nordost reterminate IC cables before. It was economical. Due to the numerous fine conductors and the value of these cables I found it was well beyond my pay grade to diy.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing