Norma IPA-140B - a truly memorable experience

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com

hifinutt

Mar 1, 2020
at the moment there are a number in uk at 2195 . this one i have is 2595 but rrp is is £3475 line only . 4024 with usb dac and 3694 with phono

Reactions: matakana

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
at the moment there are a number in uk at 2195 . this one i have is 2595 but rrp is is £3475 line only . 4024 with usb dac and 3694 with phono
Very nice, a good price for you too, whats your speakers?

hifinutt

Mar 1, 2020
yes the moonriver was not bad but i must confess i found it a bit polite . the norma has bite and its very smooth . I only heard the leben some years ago with these at a show so hard to compare . i do prefer the norma i think

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Norma is honestly an extremely easy brand to fall in love with. They do so much right at attainable prices and continue to improve as you step other components up to world-class around it. The 140B in particular is a destination piece for many as you do have to spend a lot more money to begin to better it in any significant way.

They focus on the power supplies and because of this, we get high current and low noise amplifiers that are very transparent to the collective system. This also translates to their digital components which surprised me greatly as generally companies (at least in this budgetary realm) do either digital or amplification well, but struggle some with the other.

I think the largest failure Norma has had was simply not having a US distributor in the past who got them on the map. I'm definitely not tooting my own horn here, but I am putting my best foot forward to ensure they don't stay behind the curtain of obscurity much longer.

hifinutt

Mar 1, 2020
yes the UK distributor gave up on Norma . not sure why . i believe they have a new one now but for a while there was an awful lot of bargains about

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
I am running the Norma Reva ipa-70b that I bought previously loved and I am enjoying the heck out it. Piping it through a pair of Sonner Lagato Unum's, Moon 680D, Clearaufio DC TT with MP200 cart and SPL Phonos.

This is a unbelievable value, imaging, soundstage depth, clarity, no coloration.
So how does it compare to the quliton int amp if you still have it?

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
yes the UK distributor gave up on Norma . not sure why . i believe they have a new one now but for a while there was an awful lot of bargains about

We have a new UK distributor now and he is also working with Rosso Fiorentino. We also have a new Canadian distributor and he is working on the same pairing now. Where these two brands are today, they really are the best kept secrets in the industry. Both brands focus on extremely low noise floors and that 'Italian' musicality sprinkled in with the layering you get in the high end segment.

Here is the flagship system:

C8C97286-784D-4B81-9DA6-6314CCED5023.jpeg

Republicoftexas69

So how does it compare to the quliton int amp if you still have it?
Oh I still have it and I will say they are much closer than one would think, clarity, soundstage, dynamic's, depth. The X200 is defiantly warmer in both sound and operating temperature. I love the X200 and it would be a coin toss if I hade to sell one. the 70b has a darker background (lower noise floor) but the X200 is pretty dark for a Tube Int. Love it with KT170's in it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: matakana

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Oh I still have it and I will say they are much closer than one would think, clarity, soundstage, dynamic's, depth. The X200 is defiantly warmer in both sound and operating temperature. I love the X200 and it would be a coin toss if I hade to sell one. the 70b has a darker background (lower noise floor) but the X200 is pretty dark for a Tube Int. Love it with KT170's in it. Hope this helps.
Spectacular and thats with the 70b only too, Iam wondering re 70 or 140 Norma or Enleum 23a?

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing