Oakley - First Foster Fluff of 2021

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Oakley was found in the engine of a car after the driver arrived in town and heard his distressed meows. He was taken to the shelter there and I was asked if I could take him as he was deemed "shy but can be handled" - I said "Yes, of course." and he got transferred up to the Woodinville rescue (2 minutes from Genesis) where he got evaluated, cleaned up, flea treated, and as he was 2 lbs (about 8 weeks) - they got him neutered the next day.

At the shelter - traumatized and terrified
Oakley.png

When I got him. Still terrified. Just neutered too! Poor baby.
First night.jpg

A couple hours later.
After 2 hours.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
An orange male tabby... I will always have an orange male tabby in my home. I have had several and they’ve always been sweet, loving, mischievous rascals with big personalities and return love many times over. Good on you Carol, you have the touch.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
An orange male tabby... they’ve always been sweet, loving, mischievous rascals with big personalities and return love many times over.
Unfortunately, many also are pig-headed, stubborn, pea-brained little scamps. LoL. I'm having to work hard with this little guy. Each day that I'm in the office and not at home, we take a step back and I have to convince him all over again that he likes to be petted. He really does! He cries and wants cuddles, but I'm big and scary! Then when I finally get hold of him, he's purring and kneading and loving the attention.

Making biscuits.jpg

Reactions: DonH50

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I've worked with some feral ones... it can take time. Imagine if a giant came trying to scoop you up? I bet you'd want to find a place to hide too.

Have you given him a name? He's really precious.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
God bless you for this. I think there is a VIP section in heaven for people who rescue pets. What a brilliant and excellent idea with the clips and blanket! SO much better than the dreaded Cone of Shame!

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
To speed things up a bit, I tried the treat trick. Here's the 2nd day when he was making sure I had turkey in my "grabby hands" before he got closer.

Hunting Treats.jpg

Now, he checks every time I sit down to a meal. :D :D He should be ready for adoption soon.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
This little punk took a bite out of my breakfast Danish and came back for seconds. He must have missed the memo telling him he's an obligate carnivore and doesn't eat bread and other carbs. No hunting the wild soybean for you, buddy.

So peaceful.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bobvin and timztunz

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
So Oakley did not get adopted at last weekend's adoption days at the shelter, so he's back there again to try. He's grown lanky as he is now a "teenager" at 14 weeks. They do have another rough and rowdy single kitten that's a couple weeks younger that they are going to pair him with. So here's wishing them both the best in finding their own cat Mom and/or Daddy.

Sitting Pretty.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Oakley‘s proper human mom & pop will find him. He sure looks the lanky teenager... I'm sure he’ll grow into himself and be a great companion for somebody. Orange male tabbies have a pretty amazing record for having great personalities. If I ever get another I’ll probably try to get one really young so I can condition him to travel / feel comfortable in a car.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing