Ocellia Cables by a Frenchman in Canada

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Anybody has any experience with Ocellia silver cables particularly the OCC Reference SC ? Not much info except for 3 reviews ( English) by 6moons . Feedback much appreciated thanks

rogerh113

Jul 26, 2017
Hello,

Very old thread, but interested to find out if you ended up trying the Ocellia speaker cables, and what you thought of them (if you did).

regards -- Roger

kantx

Apr 29, 2018
Elsinore
I owned them. Good cables, fast, airy, on the brilliant side. Too costly new. Regularly appear (fairly) used.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I have Ocellia Silver Reference interconnect and power cord. Both are very good sounding. Howevee I recently switched over to Audio Note for all of my wiring.

Reactions: kantx

kantx

Apr 29, 2018
Elsinore
I have Ocellia Silver Reference interconnect and power cord. Both are very good sounding. Howevee I recently switched over to Audio Note for all of my wiring.
I've dealt with Ocellia's designer. I've met more amiable characters. But his mono blocks are good too.

Last edited:

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I recently changed the IEC plug on my Ocellia power cord from the stock Furutech plug (no markings on it re model) to a Furutech FI-50 NCF IEC. The FI-50 connectors take a ridiculously long time to break in (500 hours give or take) but this one was already thoroughly broken in.

All I can say is the change in IEC connector totally changed the sound of the Ocellia cord. With the stock connector, the Ocellia has always been superbly articulate but a little lean in the lower midrange/upper bass and with a rising high end, with superb microdynamics but a little clamped down in macro dynamics. With the FI-50 NCF IEC plug, the Ocellia is warmer, more forward in perspective, bigger sounding, equally detailed as before, with superb micro and macro dynamics, and the HF balance is now just right—-not bright, not dull.

For all owners of Ocellia power cords, the change in IEC plug is a remarkably cost effective upgrade in sound quality.

My positive experience with the upgraded IEC connector makes me want to upgrade the stock FI-11M copper AC plug to FI-50M NCF. Unfortunately I don’t have any of those so that will have to wait to another day.

Suffice it to say the Ocellia Silver wire has tremendous potential that is not being fully realized by the stock connectors.

kantx

Apr 29, 2018
Elsinore
You mean Audio Notes cables are more interesting than Ocellia's ?

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
I recently changed the IEC plug on my Ocellia power cord from the stock Furutech plug (no markings on it re model) to a Furutech FI-50 NCF IEC.
I thought you switched all cables to Audio Note.
All I can say is the change in IEC connector totally changed the sound of the Ocellia cord. [...] With the FI-50 NCF IEC plug, the Ocellia is warmer, more forward in perspective, bigger sounding, equally detailed as before, with superb micro and macro dynamics, and the HF balance is now just right—-not bright, not dull.
Almost all my power cables are Ocellia OCC Reference. The two most critical links have Furutech FI-50 NCF and FI-50M NCF. There is also an NCF booster for the plugs going into the wall socket. I'd say your description is quite solid.
My positive experience with the upgraded IEC connector makes me want to upgrade the stock FI-11M copper AC plug to FI-50M NCF. Unfortunately I don’t have any of those so that will have to wait to another day.
I have FI-28(R) in a couple of places. That could be worth a try.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I thought you switched all cables to Audio Note.

Almost all my power cables are Ocellia OCC Reference. The two most critical links have Furutech FI-50 NCF and FI-50M NCF. There is also an NCF booster for the plugs going into the wall socket. I'd say your description is quite solid.

I have FI-28(R) in a couple of places. That could be worth a try.

Sometime after my posts on this thread, I replaced the FI-11M AC plug on the Ocellia power cord with a FI-50M NCF which (fortunately) was fully broken in on another cable. The upgraded AC plug was also a significant improvement although not as much as with the IEC plugs.

The Ocellia power cord is my only cable that is not an Audio Note. I use it on my phono preamp where for some reason I always like it best. I have Audio Note ISIS power cords on all my other gear (but with FI-50 NCF connectors). Interconnects are a mix of Sogon, AN-Vx and ISIS. Speaker cables are SPx

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing