Official Thread for questions on the new Classifieds Service

Please inform us (Admin) of any questions you may have with the new Classifieds service.
advert-prev.jpg
Here is the Newsletter we sent out end February 2019 with instructions how to use the service.

Your adverts should look like this one:

Last edited:
We think 25USD is fair for 60 days, the rest of the forum is Gratis. And AG is 100USD, Ebay is fee, but they get you (a lot) on the sale and PP charges.
Some audio gears is into the thousands....

Reactions: Ron Resnick
as stated there is NO CHARGE for a "want to buy" ad

Also ad placement is open to all members but allows a much better platform for the ad to be easily found and seen by all viewers (members and lurkers)

Reactions: Ron Resnick
I have set the new Classifieds to be visible to members logged in and not logged in, and non registered. But for non registered they can only view, not comment or comms with the seller.

The old Buy & Sell is visible, and the seller can delete, but it can't be updated with new images or text now. It is frozen. It will stay visible to end March.

This is all I see under New Classified Listings menu and it never show up under New Post either.
david

96B11EFF-1F43-47A0-9471-F2EBBE5123D6.png 96B11EFF-1F43-47A0-9471-F2EBBE5123D6.png

The top two ads are still not showing up for me, you can see the time stamp it’s after your posts.

david

C9ABEDE0-0E6B-42DF-94CB-F6F567F54078.png

It shows up if I go to the Classified menu but not in the New Classified Listings.
david

6EE4825D-02A0-4918-BE96-6E8F856CD7D8.jpeg 6EE4825D-02A0-4918-BE96-6E8F856CD7D8.jpeg

There is something weird going on. Please can you go into your advert and re upload your image, but add it as a full image into the start of the [post as my guide said. Then see if it shows up in New Media: New Classified Listings. Sorry, I deleted your preview photo while trying to fix this bug. It is best to add as a full image for this to work.

I need to work out if it is affecting only latest ads, or only on a mobile preview. Thanks.

I just uploaded the picture again, the problem is still there the top two ads don't show up in New Listings on my laptop either.

david

wbf pag.jpeg

OK, I have drilled down a bit on this. By hitting the New Classifieds tab, the software displays the latest ads, but only ones you haven't seen before. If you click that Ypsilon ad, then go back (as logged in) and go to Latest Classifieds, it does not display the Ypsilon.

I am in comms with Xenforo who wrote the software, to ask how to alter the variable that is calling up your history. It may be better to just show latest by date (if possible) rather than latest and ones you haven't viewed yet.

I have now hidden the Latest Classifieds tab, as it is confusing people. We have the Classifieds main navigation tab, and then they see all the list of adverts in date order. That works best. Lets leave it like this.

I have now hidden the Latest Classifieds tab, as it is confusing people. We have the Classifieds main navigation tab, and then they see all the list of adverts in date order. That works best. Lets leave it like this.
Thank you Julian!

david

The New Listings tab is still there with the same issue.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing