Oh jeez - M6, another super-speaker from Magico

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This one beats all others that beat all others before that which beat all others before that - I am about to throw up, TAS

Last edited:
Reactions: VLS

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
For the rest of us, there is this, which beat all others before it, which beat all others before that, which was the best there ever was, which used to be incomparable

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
At the end of the day, Magico is... beating something

Reactions: marty

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Love the M2.

Reactions: Audire

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
At the end of the day, Magico is... beating something
What purpose does this post provide?
About as much as your modified everything to make up for the stuff you own...absolutely nothing

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
What purpose does this post provide?
About as much as your modified everything to make up for the stuff you own...absolutely nothing

I knew you would not understand the mocking of the hyperbole that is the high end audio reviewing scene and how the manufacturers are using it. You will probably figure out some day that these images are off of magico’s Facebook page, and cheap scans apparently of the magazine cover; at least the first one is really poor. But I am thrilled that you are still reading my system thread. I’ve told you to buzz off before.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I guess that is the current Absolute Sound. I wish my copy would arrive so I can read about it. Although I am sure it costs more than I can afford.

Reactions: Mr Rickz

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I would take it if you gave it to me. I’m sure it’s a a great speaker in the right room. I have Spectral electronics so I should pass that test.

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I have A3s and I'm hoping for M3s. One who understands Magico knows that every Magico is a Flagship speaker. :)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Until you walk around a big show and realise there are far better rooms than the Magico ones.

Sorry. I am not a fan.

But at shows Magico usually don't sound as they should. Sorry, but show impressions are often worthless, and probably mostly when it comes to Magico.

Reactions: Bodhi and jeff1225

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
But at shows Magico usually don't sound as they should. Sorry, but show impressions are often worthless, and probably mostly when it comes to Magico.

While I agree with Justin's overall impression, I agree with Al here on this specific point and against Justin on his wrong process of arriving at the right conclusion.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Process? Conclusion?

Process is walking around hifi show rooms to judge a component. His Conclusion is Magico is not good

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: andromedaaudio

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Until you walk around a big show and realise there are far better rooms than the Magico ones.

Sorry. I am not a fan.
You shouldn't base your only impressions of any speaker or system based upon hearing them at a "big show." You should know that the room is kind of important too. Respectfully, I submit that you should go to a reputable dealer who knows how to demonstrate what Magico does with the proper components and room.

But alas, you bash all Magicos without even having a proper audition.

I understand that not everyone will like Magico as we all have differences in our hearing abilities, etc. Some enjoy a more detailed speaker, others don't. Some like more bass, others find that type of sound somewhat muddy. Some like a ported speaker and those like me have decided they don't like them as much as sealed ones. A lot depends upon music genre as well. To each his own - that's ok. That's one reason why system preferences can be so subjective.

However, the subjectivity of others doesn't change the fact that every Magico is a Flagship speaker. Each Magico is built with the level of quality and attention to detail to achieve the given purpose for which they were designed. While each series is distinct from the other, they all marvelously reproduce music.

It isn't by accident that for being such a young company, they are now one of the top high end speaker companies in the world. Magicos website states it well:

Magico was created over a decade ago for the sole purpose of leading a no-holds-barred assault on what is possible in contemporary loudspeaker design. Inspired by the unique vision of industrial designer Alon Wolf, every Magico speaker is designed against the standard of perfect audio reproduction - live music.​

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Magico, the dealers, and the magazines, seem to have a pretty good relationship from which each benefits. Whether people like the brand, or particular speakers within the brand, is up to them. I have heard many models and I have liked some, and not liked others. I happen to think that various models can sound quite different from each other, but I certainly don't have the listening experience to know if my opinion is based on the particular model or how it was set up, or the system context or room in which I heard it. I have only heard a few models in multiple settings.

I will say that some of the models seem very capable of portraying gear changes down stream. Two of our four Boston Audio group friends own Magico speakers, and all four of us seem to enjoy hearing these two particular systems. The speakers can do many things well, but they are not for everyone. And they are expensive speakers.

I am impressed with how fast the company has grown and how comprehensive the range of speakers really is from small two ways all the way up to a large horn system, including subs, HT center channels, etc. It is certainly a polarizing brand, but it is clear that they are doing something right for some people. How many brands would love to have two of their newest models grace the covers of the two leading audio magazines in the US during the same month? That is pretty impressive, regardless of what one may think of the sound of their products.

I find it a bit distasteful for people to regularly bash a brand, any brand, on audio forums. Magico always seems to be a target. There are lots of cartridges and turntables that I have heard and don't own because I prefer something else. I don't feel the need to go on forums and say I don't like those brands with blanket comments. I don't understand it, frankly.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Given the current state of the art, availability of materials and proper funding it is not difficult to build a good speaker. Magico speakers are good as they should be given the resources put into them.
The question is can they achieve singularity? From someone who has not heard the best they have to offer, on occasion they have.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing