Omega Mikro Planar speaker cable alternatives?

Kray

Apr 12, 2021
I just scored a used pair of Omega Mikro Planar V sc's after being intrigued with them and adding a pair of VI RCA IC's.

Only a few hours on them but I love what i'm hearing. Amazing detail retrieval. (I'm using single driver Omega Super Alnico Monitors, seems like i'm drawn to things called Omega :D )

Just curious if any other companies are doing similar tech like this ribbon style cables from Omega Mikro?

Before I got the OM's i was looking at Sternklang Ephemera cables

Would these be simliar? They are almost impossible to find used, and not sure i wanna be a wanna pony up MSRP with no experience into any of there cables.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
Ribbon style cables:

I do not use these cables, just fyi on a couple of options. A friend uses and likes the Silversmith, FWIW. Good Luck.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Mapleshade cables are less expensive variants of Omega Mikro, and in my experience sound amazing.

Reactions: Kray

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing