ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD Official Trailer (2019) Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt Movie HD

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is this another one based on Sergei Leone, who is QT's favorite director? At least, as per the title, looks like it

sunny_alice

Sep 27, 2018
Birmingham
Generally I like his stuff, he's probably the director I could most easily identify the work of and can name a fair few of his films which isn't something I can say about a lot of Hollywood behind-the-camera types. Some of it is too dry for me but I loved his work on Inglourious Basterds.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I wasn't a Tarantino fan historically due to the graphic violence (the opening of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were tough to take for me) but I've started to come around - apparently the last guy to do so :)

I liked Hateful 8 (sorry Keith), Django Unchained and Inglorious Bastards so I am finally starting to get his movies.

Plan to see this movie when it comes out.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Tarantino is not the family type of film directors. Not for sensitive women with a heart of gold and children with a soul of innocence.

His films are more for the other class.

Pulp Fiction is probably what defines him best, his best film too.
I like all his films, not for the violence but for that artistic creative inspiration from an addicted film buff ... St. Quentin. I also respect 100% the people who wouldn't dare going there; the good cops and all honest peaceful people.

Looking forward for his ninth. This is Charles Manson territory here; a very sick psycho with dementia and deep emotional frustration. He's a devil sunnabaggun. It's only for a certain class, not the innocence oriented and valued family life people. Anyone with purity in their heart would most likely have troubling nightmares and require medication for the frailty of their body chemistry.

It's for another class, Tarantino's flicks.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I agree about Pulp Fiction being his best although his last few IMO were terrific.

TBH I have enjoyed all of his films. I marvel at how Hollywood's finest actors line up in waiting for a role no matter how brief in his movies

Leonardo is no fool.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I hope it turns his career around. He hasn't made anything worth a dog's fart since 1994.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
QT. But that’s really amusing that you might think I meant LDC. IMO LDC is just “there” for movies, he’s never been a stand out for me. He’s o k.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
QT. But that’s really amusing that you might think I meant LDC. IMO LDC is just “there” for movies, he’s never been a stand out for me. He’s o k.
Haha, I love you Folsom. Sometimes I think you just want to be the counter point to the world. QT has been killing it since his first movie by ALL METRICS: reviews, box office and ROI.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I used to think that about Leo as I felt he always acted the parr’s well but always seemed too young for the parts. However in 2016 when I saw The Revenant I knew that he had come of age and would win the Oscar for best actor

https://oscar.go.com/news/oscar-news/leonardo-dicaprio-wins-his-first-oscar-for-best-actor

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reservoir Dogs is the only Quentin Tarantino movie I ever liked. I have really disliked the other ones I have seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Folsom

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reservoir Dogs is the only Quentin Tarantino movie I ever liked. I have really disliked the other ones I have seen.

The one I really liked was kill bill 1

Last edited by a moderator:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing