ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD - Official Trailer (HD)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
A cool picture of our quartet ...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
All his films have a tribute to Sergei Leone

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought that was Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns

Sergei Leone made Clinty .

Good bad ugly is rated by tarantino as the best directed film ever (I concur)

All his movies have some reference. He used Ennio morricone for soundtrack in kill bill, and Django, Inglourious, hateful 8.

Kill Bill was very GBU like, that it had normal action scenes elevated to new heights by adding music and just camera work. For example, the winter garden scene between Uma Thurman and the Japanese lady is similar to a spaghetti western shootout except it is a fight with a sword.

And now this is on once upon a time in the West and once upon a time in America

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The true story behind Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

One take ^ from Screen Rant, by Kayleigh Donaldson.

There are few reviews also from The Economist and The Guardian.
_____

* Quentin as a young man was working in a video store (VHS years), and Sergio Leone was his big inspiration...his movies, and also Ennio Morricone film music scores. It reflects in all his nine films; close-ups, storytelling, vistas, violence, ...all that western movie jazz from the Italian maestro.
He's one of my favorite movie directors...both Sergio and Quentin.

His latest one is taking place around 1969 in Los Angeles, and it brings back characters who are controversial in a tough period time of the Hollywood movie industry.
I'm sure looking forward to it.

** Clint Eastwood; yes you sure can say that, Sergei made Clint.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Leone was far superior.

Btw fistful of dollars is shot to shot copy of a Kurusawa movie Yojimbo so Kurusawa was Leone's inspiration I guess

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Absolutely, Sergei is the true master. Quenty is the pupil, the new "free bloody violent" generation.

Yeah, the "Dollars" trilogy, inspired by the Japanese master...Kuro.

Quinten owes as much to Sam Peckinpah as Sergio Leone.

I'm looking forward to this movie, he's never made a bad one.

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We saw this movie yesterday and enjoyed it. Leonardo was quite good as was Brad Pitt.

Seemed to me that Leonardo finally looks like a grown up - he always looked too young to me for his age. Perhaps that is just jealousy on my part. :)

My wife mentioned that Brad Pitt still looks good with his shirt off. I didn't notice that. ;)

Having lived in LA it was fun to see all the old landmark locations from the late 60's.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Saw the film this afternoon.

It was very enjoyable. Not great in the sense of some of his earlier films and the film was likely his longest one made. Yet for me it never dragged

Simply put Leo and Brad were at their very best. This is a comedic drama with a "shocking ending"

My wife who is not a QT fan had threatened to leave the theater if it got too violent. Suffice it to say that she stayed through the bitter end. As we were walking out and discussing the movie, my wife made a comment that I thought was so apropos. She commented "if only that were the way it ended in real life....."

After all this was "once upon a time...........in Hollywood"

Tarantino has a way of rewriting history to suit the viewers and IMO it was all good

Brad Pitt has slimmed down and was truly buff in the movie whereas Leo seems to have grown up and added a few pounds, although it might have been asked of him for the movie

Both should get nods for the Academy for Oscar nomination.

This was a fun film to watch and even though it was 159 minutes we enjoyed it and never once looked at our watches

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve, your wife is not alone in saying to leave the theater if it's too violent..
Anything that remotely smells blood, guns, violence, horror, monsters, ...of any kind is a no no for many sensitive people. Same with music and lyrics of violence. ...Violent sports.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing