ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD - Official Trailer (HD)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I am watching the Blue Ray now. So far it is excellent. Tarantino really knows how to create good movies.

Since the regular Blue Ray is taking me at least three nights to watch, I’m not sure how long a 4 hour version will take.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I’ll tell that I will never watch it again to see if there was 30 minutes that was interesting.

:D I've only watched Once, same as you. Some camera shots I really like, ...the subject matter, the humor, the interpretation of the characters by the director, its direction, the style in the over-the-top acting, it can go many ways...and all ways are valid reactions, that, I am 100% aware.

It's like the film Joker; many reactions there too.
The culture in cinema we all have our opinion, like Martin Scorsese has, like Disney's boss has, like all world movie fans have.

When I was in my twenties I was lost entering a place where they played country music.
But all the people in there were enjoying dancing, boys and girls with cowboy/cowgirl boots and cowboy/cowgirl hats.

Many people don't get into Operas, Chorales, Classical music; kids listen to alternative, electronica, rap, the new trends. With movies it's very similar; it takes exposition of the mind to get into Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It's a delicate balance between the fiction and the remembering. No two humans feel the exact same emotions when facing the Music and Films.

Jim, I fully respect your take because I understand. My own take is like listening to Calypso music under a hurricane coming. It's a tough state to describe ... :) ...Tarantino's state. But overall I enjoyed it for what it is. It must have been liberating for Quentin and entourage; I could see that transcribing onscreen.

* If an extended version (4 hours) is to come up in the future it will be essentially for banking extra cash. If Tarantino's imagination is aligned with the stars above the clouds he might pursue different avenues ...

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Just watched it and loved it, every second. Didn't check the time once.
For those of us that lived in Southern California during that time probably got a little more out of it than others, back when people listened to 93KHJ and the Real Don Steal.
They did a real good job of recreating old school LA.

I really enjoyed it and yes I agree with Steve's wife in wishing the real version had ended that way.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing