ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD - Official Trailer (HD)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The best old films to watch are the ones with the least effects, those made good purely direction, acting, etc

Totally agree.

I would say any or all of Alfred Hitchcock movies have terrible special effects but they always had you in the edge of your seat

Or how about Psycho. To this day I remember watching that film in the theater and the utter horror I had of that shower scene yet it pales by today’s standards.

I think QT is a very bright and brilliant director, screen writer etc but has a mind full of ideas that are out of the mainstream

Who can forget the comedic drama of Travolta and Samuel L Jackson talking about McDonalds and The Big Mac as they are on their way to kill someone.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Apart from Brad Pitt's acting, this was disappointing. He made it a bit of fun to watch

I can appreciate the change in history but wouldn't want to waste so much time for that.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
The best old films to watch are the ones with the least effects, those made good purely direction, acting, etc

Check out any of the Film Noir films of 40’s.....OUT OF THE PAST, with Robert Mitchum,... Double Indemnity with Barbara Stanwyck....The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon, both with Humphrey Bogart......just to name a few.....

Cheers......

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Check out any of the Film Noir films of 40’s.....OUT OF THE PAST, with Robert Mitchum,... Double Indemnity with Barbara Stanwyck....The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon, both with Humphrey Bogart......just to name a few.....

Cheers......

North by Northwest is my personal favorite.

Reactions: MRJAZZ

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Decided to try the movie. Here’s my review, “I can’t believe I didn’t walk out sooner.”

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Decided to try the movie. Here’s my review, “I can’t believe I didn’t walk out sooner.”

I thought this too, I stayed back because of Brad Pitt

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
North by Northwest is my personal favorite.

With Hitchcock I like spellbound better. Audrey Hepburn's wait until dark is not Hitchcock but could easily pass off as one due to similar style, and imo, better

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Second review, “I have a new definition of how bad purgatory could be.”

Reactions: cjfrbw

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh, they adore QT at Cannes. Then again, they love Polanski. Maybe they think Tarantino isn't an American LOL.

Reactions: cjfrbw and marslo

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Oh, they adore QT at Cannes. Then again, they love Polanski. Maybe they think Tarantino isn't an American LOL.

Polanski is genius as well. I guess Cannes just likes excellent film making, who knew?

Last edited by a moderator:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
QT and Polanski are about as far from current day Hollywood Woke filmmaking as you can get. The French, thank God, have no time for politically correct culture. That's a big part of why they're adored.

Reactions: jeff1225 and PeterA

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
QT and Polanski are about as far from current day Hollywood Woke filmmaking as you can get. The French, thank God, have no time for politically correct culture. That's a big part of why they're adored.

As much as I find these "woke" films annoying, I personally find the extreme pandering of Hollywood to the Communist Chinese government more bothersome.

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

Steve Williams

He wouldn't be alone but he would be in the extreme minority. 8.3 IMDB viewer rating, 84 critic meta score, 7 minute standing ovation at Cannes premier......

I totally agree"of film critics and movie goers

It's not unreasonable that everyone not like QT or his films and that's OK but the "majority of film critics and film goers think just the opposite. Show me any other film where the list of cameo appearances by huge Hollywood stars is as big as in this film. There is another thread here started as an attempt to vilify QT and IMO that has fallen flat

Get over it. If you don't like his films, simply put, "don't go to watch them and then post a proverbial expected response and then with that response comes another attempt to crucify the guy

Movies and movie makers are all different and there are plenty to go around.Why go when knowingly you don't like his film and then post a comment about purgatory

Reactions: jeff1225

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Here is the Cast.....

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Movie Reviews
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt, Burt Reynolds, Margot Robbie, Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Timothy Olyphant, James Marsden, Emile Hirsch, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Perry, Dakota Fanning, Damian Lewis, Spencer Garrett, Keith Jefferson, Zoë Bell, Nicholas Hammond, Julia Butters, Scoot McNairy, Mike Moh, James Remar, Lena Dunham, Brenda Vaccaro, Austin Butler, Maya Hawke, Lorenza Izzo, Rafal Zawierucha, Samantha Robinson, Sydney Sweeney, Danny Strong, Damon Herriman, Rumer Willis, Dreama Walker, Margaret Qualley, Costa Ronin, Victoria Pedretti, Madisen Beaty

Steve Williams

I go to the movies to be entertained. Sometimes it becomes like "The Absolute Sound" where we strive for that being there experience. If I can leave the theater with a feeling that I have been entertained it matters not to me what kind of film it was or who the director was. We all have opinions in audio and it is no difference in the movie industry. We have different tastes

last year IMO Roma was one of the biggest POS I have ever seen yet many of the critics liked it and here at WBF we were bombarded by every link on the internet about Roma when in fact it was just the exuberance of the poster who loved the movie.

QT elicits the same response. If you don't like him I get it but to see the film which you knowingly had bias against doesn't add much except spark a flame. So similarly when a thread is started trying to condemn QT by the type of films he makes

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing