ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD - Official Trailer (HD)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I totally agree"of film critics and movie goers

It's not unreasonable that everyone not like QT or his films and that's OK but the "majority of film critics and film goers think just the opposite. Show me any other film where the list of cameo appearances by huge Hollywood stars is as big as in this film. There is another thread here started as an attempt to vilify QT and IMO that has fallen flat

Get over it. If you don't like his films, simply put, "don't go to watch them and then post a proverbial expected response and then with that response comes another attempt to crucify the guy

Movies and movie makers are all different and there are plenty to go around.Why go when knowingly you don't like his film and then post a comment about purgatory

Steve, you have it completely wrong and that's not the first time.
You see only your way, you are the master of all.
Come down to planet Earth and respect other people's views and approaches.
Can you see that; it's often impossible discussing with you because it's all about your own view and if you don't agree you don't discuss and that's the end of that. You often impose your own view and often your view is simply not the best view, or the right approach, or the correct judgement.

I'm saying this as a positive...open your eyes to different views and styles.
Relax more and the forum will grow more in relaxing evolution.

Quentin Tarantino we all have our opinion on his films and all opinions count, not just yours or someone's else. You also interpret wrongly others, you often give a completely false judgment.

A good discussion is an open one, several people expressing and talking their ideas, not just yours, or someone else's opinion.

Sorry Steve but I had to say it like it is.
I'm a big Quentin Tarantino's films fan. I'm also much more than that.
Stop judging wrongly and stop taking yourself as the King of the world, when it comes to life in the movies and in many other things.

Again, as a friend.

You sure have the right to love and hate any film.
Same for others who love and hate different films than yours.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bob

I totally agree it is all about opinion and likes I said that or didn't you read that.

IMO the thread you started on QT was an attempt to vilify him. I don't see that coming from a person who likes him.

Bob, I see your opinions from every way. I read your comments about QT in this thread and yes you seem to like him but not so on your other thread You can't have it both ways Bob.You vacillate as you so often do. I've seen that in just about every one of your threads searching the internet to link every possible item to substantiate your view which I find personally oppressive

I don't impose my view at all Bob nor do I go out of my way to start a thread to vilify the director. TBH I have no idea which way you lean as you have commented both positive or negative. Having an opinion Bob is what it is all about. I'm all for that

Reactions: jeff1225

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No Steve! It wasn't an attempt to vilify Tarantino; it was because you were stubborn in your thread and cannot accept and respect different views. You are not open to discussion, and you won't accept anything that is different than your own vision.

His films are stylish and unique and they have their influences in his life; he's very direct and people like that overall, it seems anyway like that on the surface.
But I know others (not me because I dig his films, and like your son I learn more from repeat viewings) who don't like his blood violence dark humor, and human treatment depicted in his films. Those people I also respect, very. And I know one right here on this site, humble sometimes, not always. It's ok it takes longer time to some people to be on terra firma. We evolve with time and deeper understanding and acceptance.

Don't tell me who I am, don't judge me because not only you are wrong but it's not socially respectable. I told you before, leave your misconceptions and misinterpretations and wrong judgements behind and advance forward.

Steve, it's more than black & white, it's a rainbow of colors between.
Tarantino's films they have lots of that too, and the viewers the same.

Fifty years ago (1969) and flock of people are visiting the neighborhood to neighbor's discontent...I would too, and right in the middle of the night.
Bruce Lee's daughter and friends and fans have also the right to be dissatisfied with Mr. Tarantino's approach style and outspoken view on Bruce.
As a filmmaker he's also human like all the viewers. His responsibility is more because he presents his views to everyone else, as a filmmaker he has greater reach.
It is also his responsibility to have an open ear and mind and heart to his audience.

That's one of my opinions, I have billions more and I'm extremely flexible in listening to all others.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

No Steve! It wasn't an attempt to vilify Tarantino; it was because you were stubborn in your thread and cannot accept and respect different views. You are not open to discussion, and you won't accept anything that is different than your own vision.

His films are stylish and unique and they have their influences in his life; he's very direct and people like that overall, it seems anyway like that on the surface.
But I know others (not me because I dig his films, and like your son I learn more from repeat viewings) who don't like his blood violence dark humor, and human treatment depicted in his films. Those people I also respect, very. And I know one right here on this site, humble sometimes, not always. It's ok it takes longer time to some people to be on terra firma. We evolve with time and deeper understanding and acceptance.

Don't tell me who I am, don't judge me because not only you are wrong but it's not socially respectable. I told you before, leave your misconceptions and misinterpretations and wrong judgements behind and advance forward.

Steve, it's more than black & white, it's a rainbow of colors between.
Tarantino's films they have lots of that too, and the viewers the same.

Fifty years ago (1969) and flock of people are visiting the neighborhood to neighbor's discontent...I would too, and right in the middle of the night.
Bruce Lee's daughter and friends and fans havd also the right to be dissatisfied with Mr. Tarantino's approach style and outspoken view on Bruce.
As a filmmaker he's also human like all the viewers. His responsibility is more because he presents his views to everyone else, not just his own personal view.
It is also his responsibility to have an open ear and mind and heart to his audience.

That's one of my opinions, I have billions more and I'm extremely flexible in listening to all others.
Bob

Let’s just agree to disagree. You and I see the world differently.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
last year IMO Roma was one of the biggest POS I have ever seen yet many of the critics liked it and here at WBF we were bombarded by every link on the internet about Roma when in fact it was just the exuberance of the poster who loved the movie.

Wellllll, I know how you feel about being against the grain... and Roma. ;)

The movie had a lot of stuff in it that would be interesting to a film maker. The problem with (OUATIH) is that stuffing together lots of "creative" ideas for style, shooting, etc, doesn't mean it's a good film. I think Gaspar Noe proved that, repeatedly.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob

Let’s just agree to disagree. You and I see the world differently.

I have no problem with that, as long that you don't make the wrong judgement on me.
I don't judge others, so don't judge me because your judgement is wrong about me.
It's not about me or you or other people, it's about respect of intellectual advancement.
...Of ideas, discussions sharing, open minds.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So today I tried watching pulp fiction again and didn't last 20 minutes. The guy couldn't write dialogues better than I did in kindergarten.

So I moved to fight Club. Because some of brad Pitts performance that day reminded me of this. Man so much better, every dialogue will take more time than all of QT's movies put together. Same for lock stock

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The fight Club quotes: "we work in jobs we don't like to pay for things we don't need" And "Only after disaster can we be resurrected" are so relevant to audiophiles. Maybe we are one of those support groups that Ed Norton attends

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Ehh Pulp Fiction is mostly plagiarism. I actually enjoyed it. Reservoir dogs was a play...

The first scene in Inglorious Bastards was great because of Christoph waltz. (and then the rest was garbage)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ehh Pulp Fiction is mostly plagiarism. I actually enjoyed it. Reservoir dogs was a play...

The first scene in Inglorious Bastards was great because of Christoph waltz. (and then the rest was garbage)

I agree. First scene was quite good and made the movie. Excellent actor.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
North by Northwest is my personal favorite.

Also love “North By Northwest”, that and “To Catch A Thief”, (two of my fave Hitch movies), but neither are “Film Noir” Movies...., both were shot in the mid 50’s....

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Finally had the opportunity to see "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" today. Out of the 2 hours and 45 minutes it was interesting for about 25 and that was not the gratuitous violence thrown in for about 8 minutes at the end. Not 100% sure that QT was trying to get across but I was looking at my watch for a great deal of the running time. As noted there were a few interesting scenes but as a whole I would be generous to give it a C.

Reactions: bonzo75

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A bit late here. My brother told me not to even bother watching as he and his wife walked out of the cinema very early in the movie. I took my chances, saw this with my wife and son who totally know nothing about the Manson and Sharon Tate event. They both finished the movie and liked it as so did I. I had to explain to them a bit of the events then, and the twist of the story in the end, and my wife said that is some brilliant script writing. The also like Django Unchained. The Bruce Lee part was a bit of a turn off to a big follower like me, but it's all in the spirit of movie making.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

A bit late here. My brother told me not to even bother watching as he and his wife walked out of the cinema very early in the movie. I took my chances, saw this with my wife and son who totally know nothing about the Manson and Sharon Tate event. They both finished the movie and liked it as so did I. I had to explain to them a bit of the events then, and the twist of the story in the end, and my wife said that is some brilliant script writing. The also like Django Unchained. The Bruce Lee part was a bit of a turn off to a big follower like me, but it's all in the spirit of movie making.

when we saw it and as we walked out of the theater my wife commented, "if it had only ended like that in real life"

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
when we saw it and as we walked out of the theater my wife commented, "if it had only ended like that in real life"

Me too, Steve. Only Hollywood can do 'alternate endings'. The end scene with the flame thrower on the girl was hilarious. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing