Outstanding Sound Improvement with Videos before-after/ VYDA Cables

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I was always very sceptical about cables, almost a no believer. Partly because their effect is very subjective and not measurable, but also due to the fact that in the past ,I had paid alot for getting cables with questionable effect.

Some weeks ago Gianluigi (@gian60 ) wrote me about the VYDA cables and introduced me to his friend and manufacturer, Enrico Datti.
I spoke with Enrico the same day, who proposed to send me his cables for auditioning. In case that I would like them I would keep them, otherwise I would send them back.

The first thing that everyone will notice with the VYDA cables, is their outstanding beauty, their metal details and the apparent construction quality.

Their effect on the sound is imediate and literally I fell backwards as the huge sound stage burst on me and filled my room. These cables are yielding unbelievable dynamics, resolution, clarity and deep (really deep) bass. Highs and Lows opened up and the spatial (3D) feeling reached unthinkable levels.

Some time ago I had uploaded a video at the percussion thread; and I thought that it would be a definately good idea to make a new video of the same track with the same equipment and the new cables, I am leaving these videos with you, to hear the difference between my old cables (Wireworld Platinum 7 power cables, VOVOX Fortis XLR and Tidal Reference Silver Speakers cables) and the new setup (VYDA Orion Power, VYDA Orion SIlver XLR and Tidal Reference Silver speakers' cables)

Video #1 (Wireworld, Vovox, Tidal Speakers Cables):

Video #2 (Vyda Power, VYDA XLR and Tidal Speakers Cables):

I had never expected that the cables would make such a sound improvement, thank you Gianluigi (@gian60) for the introduction

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Wow, second video sounds much better.
To me, the biggest differences are the portrayal of microdynamics, plus the depth and space between sounds. Also, second video presents deeper tone colors.
If possible, can you please upload a video that uses a song with vocals to compare both, please?

Anyway, even in the videos the difference is really big, congratulations and enjoy the new cables!!

Last edited:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I have just ordered to Enrico more power cables for my Torus power supply, my pre amp and phono.
I have many videos with my past setup inlcuding female vocals.
I will upload many before/after videos.

Reactions: gian60 and marmota

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Wow, second video sounds much better.
To me, the biggest differences are the portrayal of microdynamics, plus the depth and space between sounds. Also, second video presents deeper tone colors.
If possible, can you please upload a video that uses a song with vocals to compare both, please?

Anyway, even in the videos the difference is really big, congratulations and enjoy the new cables!!
A video recorded on September 2020 with WW Platinum 7, Vovox Fortis XLR, and Tidal Reference Speakers cables:

the same track with the same equipment and Vyda power cables on Mephisto, VYDA XLR on Phono/preamp, VYDA XLR on Pre Amp/Power Amp. Pre Amp and Phono still on WW Platinum 7

Last edited:

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Which cables you replaced for the videos, are they power, ic or speaker cables?

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
A video recorded on September 2020 with WW Platinum 7, Vovox Fortis XLR, and Tidal Reference Speakers cables:

the same track with the same equipment and Vyda power cables on Mephisto, VYDA XLR on Phono/preamp, VYDA XLR on Pre Amp/Power Amp. Pre Amp and Phono still on WW Platinum 7

Thank you very much!
My impressions of this comparison are very similar to the earlier, but I'll like to expand about the tonal colors, because of the song it was easier to appreciate them to my ears.

First video (without Vyda) sounds thinner and is a bit monochromatic in comparison to Vyda's video. There's some kind of "grey sameness" present not only in the voice, but also in the instruments. Vyda's video has a much more varied tonal palette, coupled with a richer, more saturated presentation.

One thing that also was evident for me is that a texture similar to glass was partially removed of sibilants, it would be interesting to know if, using a full Vyda cable loom this will disappear completely or is a recording artifact/sound engineer decision and will remain but to a lesser extent.

However, is fascinating that the change is so big in videos, it must be transformative in person. Congrats for the acquisition and thanks for uploading another video! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vienna

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
This is night and day difference! Would love to hear some Miles, Pat Metheny or Cowboy Junkies videos especially with Opus 1. No worries if not possible. Thanks for sharing.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Thank you very much!
My impressions of this comparison are very similar to the earlier, but I'll like to expand about the tonal colors, because of the song it was easier to appreciate them to my ears.

First video (without Vyda) sounds thinner and is a bit monochromatic in comparison to Vyda's video. There's some kind of "grey sameness" present not only in the voice, but also in the instruments. Vyda's video has a much more varied tonal palette, coupled with a richer, more saturated presentation.

One thing that also was evident for me is that a texture similar to glass was partially removed of sibilants, it would be interesting to know if, using a full Vyda cable loom this will disappear completely or is a recording artifact/sound engineer decision and will remain but to a lesser extent.

However, is fascinating that the change is so big in videos, it must be transformative in person. Congrats for the acquisition and thanks for uploading another video! :)
Hopefully by the next week I will have the rest of the VYDA cables. My intention is to keep this thread objective. I do agree with your observations; and I would only add that in person the sound improvement is huge

This is night and day difference! Would love to hear some Miles, Pat Metheny or Cowboy Junkies videos especially with Opus 1. No worries if not possible. Thanks for sharing.
I will upload for sure Miles videos too.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Have just realised that i haven’t uploaded photos of these amazing cables

A781B272-0B41-4C09-9C36-800DC89E83EC.jpeg 96F39B2B-6136-42A7-B311-66B312B274B4.jpeg

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
There is no way the recordings were made under the same exact recording conditions. These are obviously very different between the videos, and much better in the newer videos. Has little to do with a cable change. The differences are just far too big.

Reactions: Tim Link and ack

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Well Al, my system is exactly the same as well as my iphone 11 phone.
If I were you I would ask Enrico to send me a set of cables for demo. He will do it free of charge. You will be able then to tell whether I am right or wrong.

P.S. I agree with you. These cables they did make a tremendous sound imporvement, as if i have changed components.

Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Well Al, my system is exactly the same as well as my iphone 11 phone.
If I were you I would ask Enrico to send me a set of cables for demo. He will do it free of charge. You will be able then to tell whether I am right or wrong.

P.S. I agree with you. These cables they did make a tremendous sound imporvement, as if i have changed components.

Apparently the phone positions, from which the recordings were made, are at least slightly different. This could make a large difference in the recorded outcome.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Apparently the phone positions, from which the recordings were made, are at least slightly different. This could make a large difference in the recorded outcome.
Forgot to report that my sofa is the same as well as my siting position!

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I do indeed hear a pretty stark difference between the two sets of recordings. I prefer one set over the other in both cases and hear an effect similar to what I have heard in my own system when auditioning different audiophile power cords. I would love to hear the system live to see which configuration I prefer. You describe the differences as being even larger in person. That must be something.

Vienna, thank you for sharing the videos. It is very interesting that the differences come through so clearly, and that they are so pronounced. Would you describe the difference between your Air Tight Opus and the Lyra Atlas Lambda in similar terms as the differences between these power cords? I recently compared a friend's Opus to my vdH Colibri and heard something similar to the differences in your videos.

I look forward to hearing the Miles David videos and what the video with the full set of cables sounds like.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I do indeed hear a pretty stark difference between the two sets of recordings. I prefer one set over the other in both cases and hear an effect similar to what I have heard in my own system when auditioning different audiophile power cords. I would love to hear the system live to see which configuration I prefer. You describe the differences as being even larger in person. That must be something.

Vienna, thank you for sharing the videos. It is very interesting that the differences come through so clearly, and that they are so pronounced. Would you describe the difference between your Air Tight Opus and the Lyra Atlas Lambda in similar terms as the differences between these power cords? I recently compared a friend's Opus to my vdH Colibri and heard something similar to the differences in your videos.

I look forward to hearing the Miles David videos and what the video with the full set of cables sounds like.
Peter you are very welcome to my home.

In regards with your question on my cartridges, my experience with them is that they are equally good but different, I love both. With the cables my experience is that I got a dramatic improvement on the sound's all aspects, not a different sound.

The last few weeks I got some cables to try (Tidal Assoluta ICs at 27,000 euro per two pairs, AQ Dragons etc), these cables made a difference not always positive. The reason I looked into VYDA was after Gianluigi (@gian60) recomendation.
Till then I was very sceptical in relation with the cables; and I was wrong. I also realised that the most important cable (at least for my system) is the power cables.

I am expecting to receive the rest of the cables at the end of this week. Once I will do I will upload new videos with Miles Davis and Male vocals.
I will not fail to record @bonzo75 favorite tracks.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I am expecting to receive the rest of the cables at the end of this week. Once I will do I will upload new videos with Miles Davis and Male vocals.
I will not fail to record @bonzo75 favorite tracks.

Thank you for the invitation, Vienna.

Got to love the influence Bonzo has over those who appreciate the value, if limited, of these system videos. They do indeed further the discussion, that is they augment the written impressions of the live system, and IMO are a benefit, though certainly no substitute for hearing the actual system.

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
Some time ago I had uploaded a video at the percussion thread; and I thought that it would be a definately good idea to make a new video of the same track with the same equipment and the new cables, I am leaving these videos with you, to hear the difference between my old cables (Wireworld Platinum 7 power cables, VOVOX Fortis XLR and Tidal Reference Silver Speakers cables) and the new setup (VYDA Orion Power, VYDA Orion SIlver XLR and Tidal Reference Silver speakers' cables)

Video #1 (Wireworld, Vovox, Tidal Speakers Cables):

Video #2 (Vyda Power, VYDA XLR and Tidal Speakers Cables):

I had never expected that the cables would make such a sound improvement, thank you Gianluigi (@gian60) for the introduction

Great that you are happy with the cables.

But are the videos reliable? According to the information the first video seems to have a lower Kbps?

Reactions: Al M.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Last edited:
Reactions: ashandger

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
They were both uploaded to Vimeo from my iphone, can you please enlighten me on this numbers ?
The numbers are from Vimeo. The codec for the audio is AAC and the first video seems to have an audiostream with 159 Kbps and the second one is 256 Kbps. It was just something I noticed.

Reactions: Al M.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Yes but this doesn’t affect the sound, as I proposed you you can ask the manufacturer for a demo cables‘ set. In this way you will get the real picture at no cost for you

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing