Outstanding Sound Improvement with Videos before-after/ VYDA Cables

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Tim, be assured that the degree of improvement in terms of sound, sound stage , feeling, information, presence, weight, clarity, accuracy, openness, is way more than these videos are presenting.

Months ago , back in September 2020, i had uploaded the first video (https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/rock-and-drum-videos-thread.31170/page-4#post-672470) at the drums thread, being confident that I had a very good sound only to find out, four months later, that my system was suffering.

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
the new video with all power and ICs from Vyda.
For convenience I am quoting the previous video links too.

previous videos:

new video:

all equipment is the same as well as my listening position, my iphone and my sofa.

Video 1 vs Video 2: 1 sounds ridiculous compared to 2, it somewhat feels like a newspaper caricature vs a very elaborate hand drawing.

Video 2 vs Video 3: I notice incremental, but substantial gains. Video 3 would be an even more detailed, more carefully colored hand drawing that also received a proper frame to proudly display in your living room.

Moving into sound analogies, the most striking difference to me is a complete sense of harmony present in video 3. Video 2 shows much stronger, vivid colors than video 1, but video 3 manages give them a sense of cohesion, a kind of "intelligence" to those bold colors, it "completes the picture" IMO.

Thanks for sharing more videos!

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is this wild contrast more a comment on how good the new loom is...or how poor the old one is?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Is this wild contrast more a comment on how good the new loom is...or how poor the old one is?
Marc how poor a Mephisto with a Legato and Pandora can be ? I guess not at all. Also a Brinkmann Balance with a Lyra Etna Lambda and a Kuzma 4P how poor sound can they produce? After all it’s not a VPI with a plastic Tonearm.

The right cables have just elevated the sound in new levels.
To answer to your question, my old cables were the bottleneck, however interestingly trying different more expensive/reputable cables (prior VYDA), never got such a sound, not even a close one

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh, I'll take a Balance w 4Pt anytime Lol
Vienna, finding the right cables is in some ways the same as a great component ie the "right" sound, and in some ways not the same at all ie needs to be invisible/inaudible to allow the "right" sound to come thru/emerge.

Reactions: Vienna

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Marc how poor a Mephisto with a Legato and Pandora can be ? I guess not at all. Also a Brinkmann Balance with a Lyra Etna Lambda and a Kuzma 4P how poor sound can they produce? After all it’s not a VPI with a plastic Tonearm.

The right cables have just elevated the sound in new levels.
To answer to your question, my old cables were the bottleneck, however interestingly trying different more expensive/reputable cables (prior VYDA), never got such a sound, not even a close one
Savvas, what phono stage did you have before the Legato ? Have you played around with tubes yet ?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Since I have uploaded comparison videos with female vocals too, I made one more with all vyda cables.

the first video with my old cables:

the second video with VYDA PCs at my Mephisto only; and all VYDA ICs:

the 3rd Video all VYDA cables:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Savvas, what phono stage did you have before the Legato ? Have you played around with tubes yet ?
@Lagonda , apologies I didn’t notice your question.
Prior Gryphon, for many years I used to own different Pass Labs components.
My first Pass system was comprising of XP 20 pre amp, X260.8 mono power amps and XP 25 phono. I had then upgraded to XP22 pre amp, XA 160.8 mono power amps and XP27 phono.

I have never dealt with tube preamps or power amps.

Reactions: bazelio and Lagonda

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Since I have uploaded comparison videos with female vocals too, I made one more with all vyda cables.

the first video with my old cables:

the second video with VYDA PCs at my Mephisto only; and all VYDA ICs:

the 3rd Video all VYDA cables:

Hi Vienna,
That’s great, the changes are very easy to distinguish. Just hoping when you’re doing your next recording (if possible) it would be great to hear a symphonic work or perhaps a piano or violin concerto or sonata. Also many thanks... am enjoying your journey through this.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Hi Vienna,
That’s great, the changes are very easy to distinguish. Just hoping when you’re doing your next recording (if possible) it would be great to hear a symphonic work or perhaps a piano or violin concerto or sonata. Also many thanks... am enjoying your journey through this.
I will do @the sound of Tao, I will need some time because I have to install and test my Ront III (a Postponed project due to the VYDA shoot out).

To make things more interesting, I have just received a pair of Goebel Lacorde PCs to try side by side with my beloved VYDA.

DD1B6DFF-DD0F-49EF-9C0F-1738853F8CF3.jpeg
67149B5D-39A8-4494-B033-DC9BE7D6C6D0.jpeg 4C362B00-9826-48C5-86E6-84653F0B62F0.jpeg

Goebel PCs’ burn in process begun at my Kef LS50w exactly as i did with the VYDA cables

9E847A07-8239-456C-AAEC-3F8600986B5A.jpeg

It’s funny but the two Goebel Lacorde cables are about 14 times more expensive than these two speakers

Last edited:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Goebel Lacorde PCs are cables of outstanding beauty, fabrication, finishing and external design. Even their box is a luxury item, with high level of finishing quality.

They are very heavy and stiff thus their handling can be a challenge.
They are terminated with Furutech connectors, surrounded by custom made aluminum housings, which are then bonded and screwed with the Furutech connectors though a black elastomer.

I’ve tried them on my Mephisto as well as on my Pandora and my Legato.
Comparing with VYDA PCs, can’t say that it was a love at first listening.

I had given them quite some time, however at my system they emphasized some frequencies in a way that I dont appreciate, by dominating or concealing others thus producing a less balanced sound. As a result some instruments tended to be unrealistically pronounced and unpleasantly forward, dominating others -vocals for example.

VYDA, at my system, are offering more natural -cleaner -balanced sound, truthful bass, better mids and tremble .

I am sure that Goebel Lacorde are very good cables and @gian60 loves them at his system, but it seems that they are not making a good match with mine.

Living some days with the Goebel Lacorde PCs, it’s time for the farewells and soon will be at the market for those interested to acquire these beautifully made cables.

Some more, well known cables, are on the way to be tested on my system.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Strange you dont like
But problem we can give a judgement when we have all the chain with same cables,is not simple with a mix of different cables

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Strange you dont like
But problem we can give a judgement when we have all the chain with same cables,is not simple with a mix of different cables
Dear Gianluigi ( @gian60 ), for sure having all the chain with the same cables is a more fair comparison.

By the way I ordered earlier to Enrico two pairs of VYDA Orion Statement speakers cables.
The difference from the Orion Speakers Cables is that the Orion Statement are made from conductors of 59 strands of mixed Copper/Silver.
In addition at the Orion Statement the negative and positive are two separate cables for each speaker.

I am very curious to see how they will compare with my beloved Tidal Silver Reference.

Esprit Gaia are already on the way

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Dear Gianluigi ( @gian60 ), for sure having all the chain with the same cables is a more fair comparison.

By the way I ordered earlier to Enrico two pairs of VYDA Orion Statement speakers cables.
The difference from the Orion Speakers Cables is that the Orion Statement are made from conductors of 59 strands of mixed Copper/Silver.
In addition at the Orion Statement the negative and positive are two separate cables for each speaker.

I am very curious to see how they will compare with my beloved Tidal Silver Reference.

Esprit Gaia are already on the way

I wondered if you would go to the VYDA speaker cables. What is their length? A very bold move!

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I wondered if you would go to the VYDA speaker cables. What is their length? A very bold move!
Dear Tim, their length is exactly like my Tidal speakers cables. VYDA are coming as a demo.
The Tidal speakers cables are indeed very good cables.

Last edited:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Enrico has just finished my VYDA Orion Statement speakers cables which will be shipped today.
So far, at my system, the VYDA Orion Power cables have outperformed : Wireworld Platinum Electra, Audioquest Dragons and Goebel.
While the VYDA Orion Balanced ICs have outperformed: Tidal Assoluta and Vovox fortis XLRs

To-date no speaker cable has outperformed my Tidal Reference. It will be a very interesting comparison.

9F97E876-265D-4035-BD36-9A240F68372B.jpeg 85CDF9F0-8B78-4464-88C3-04F3CABDA757.jpeg 7F6E21BC-16BB-42B1-8152-B81B0B795A56.jpeg

Last edited:

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I for one am using the VYDA full loom with 2 IC 1 SPK cable and Power Cords with my Canary Audio grand reference 300B tube mono amps and Pre these are just wonderful cables no two ways about it I for one just do not change or compare very often if you love something it is a keeper for me when you get all what one looks for in music good bass, wonderful mids, and beautiful highs then why keep trying different products and waste time money and energy just sit back and ENJOY.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I for one am using the VYDA full loom with 2 IC 1 SPK cable and Power Cords with my Canary Audio grand reference 300B tube mono amps and Pre these are just wonderful cables no two ways about it I for one just do not change or compare very often if you love something it is a keeper for me when you get all what one looks for in music good bass, wonderful mids, and beautiful highs then why keep trying different products and waste time money and energy just sit back and ENJOY.
LOL LOL LOL

Apologies @jasbirnandra for having this bad habit, from now on, I promise you that I will be following your instructions :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: bazelio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing