Outstanding Sound Improvement with Videos before-after/ VYDA Cables

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Just got delivery of the VYDA, Orion Silver Line Reference speakers cables.
They will be tested probably this weekend.
E45CAB55-10CE-4E05-9EF3-5AEB9D2BCE75.jpeg

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Hi Russ, I had the chance to test both version of VYDA Orion Silver Reference, the all silver and the HFC version.

HFC Version :

33411162-72E7-42BA-8DD8-C22CDB9D5F89.jpeg

the all silver version:

FDA354BC-D034-48A5-B008-610B2B7F84C0.jpeg

I received the HFC version on the 26th of February 2021. HFC stands for High Frequency Control. This version consists of a mixture of pure copper and pure silver solid conductors. Enrico had designed this cable having in mind horn speakers and especially Diesis Audio as he is very close friend with Diesis designer.

This version didn’t provide a better sound comparing to my Tidal Reference Speakers Cables.

The all silver Orion Silver Reference was received three days ago, just before the weekend. These cables are made of pure silver (AWG 0). On Saturday morning were installed and the first listening was that same early afternoon. Instead of descriptions I am attaching the WhatsApp messages that I was sending to Enrico during listening last Saturday:

7B4C2828-FA29-4876-BAF2-29AA52C748EA.jpeg

002AA8AD-1E9A-48E8-B04C-9D412DB2D756.jpeg 4220A218-C545-4DE6-9015-2CDB6948578E.jpeg
Also I am attaching the messages that I sent the next day (Sunday) to a friend of mine who wanted to know my impressions:

8687428B-B91D-446F-8C6A-CF3F20A77654.jpeg B962D387-23D6-426E-BD16-F449DDB9D43C.jpeg 7A3272A5-6BDA-40C3-950C-9CFAD690046E.jpeg C6E220EC-3737-4A8D-99E5-9E0329E25EAE.jpeg C2D62430-48C8-4208-9BB6-F4E6A14AC950.jpeg

After about 11 hours of listening in two days, the Tidal Reference Speakers Cables stored in their box and will be put fo sale.

Last edited:

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Many thanks for sharing your impressions. Seems like you have found something very special. Time for more fun with some videos of the new setup? Happy listening.

Reactions: RussR and Vienna

RussR

Dec 30, 2017
Gold Coast ,Queensland,Australia
Hi Russ, I had the chance to test both version of VYDA Orion Silver Reference, the all silver and the HFC version.

HFC Version :

View attachment 76718

the all silver version:

View attachment 76717

I received the HFC version on the 26th of February 2021. HFC stands for High Frequency Control. This version consists of a mixture of pure copper and pure silver solid conductors. Enrico had designed this cable having in mind horn speakers and especially Diesis Audio as he is very close friend with Diesis designer.

This version didn’t provide a better sound comparing to my Tidal Reference Speakers Cables.

The all silver Orion Silver Reference was received three days ago, just before the weekend. These cables are made of pure silver (AWG 0). On Saturday morning were installed and the first listening was that same early afternoon. Instead of descriptions I am attaching the WhatsApp messages that I was sending to Enrico during listening last Saturday:

View attachment 76732

View attachment 76720 View attachment 76721
Also I am attaching the messages that I sent the next day (Sunday) to a friend of mine who wanted to know my impressions:

View attachment 76727 View attachment 76728 View attachment 76729 View attachment 76730 View attachment 76731

After about 11 hours of listening in two days, the Tidal Reference Speakers Cables stored in their box and will be put fo sale.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Vienna for sharing your journey with VYDA cables ,they sound like a fantastic product.
Cheers
Russ

Reactions: Vienna

Gemini

Oct 14, 2015
Germany
I also had the pleasure to audition the Vyda Orion RCA cables. They are indeed amazing. The built quality is fantastic - in fact they are built like a tank - but more importantly the sound is very transparent, natural and easy-going. I can very much relate to the Mono and Stereo review and Vienna‘s words above. A Keeper!

Reactions: kmyl and Vienna

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
Assuming that the very obvious differences in the sound we are all hearing between these videos is indeed caused by the cables, it suggests to me that something is very wrong with at least one of the system configurations. Any two properly functioning cables placed between two properly functioning components that are compatible with each other should not create a drastic difference in sound. The difference heard in the video would be easily measurable with REW and a calibrated USB mic. Not hard to do. Run a sweep with one set of cables and then another sweep with the other cables, without moving the mic. or changing any other settings. Look at the frequency response, waterfall plot, distortion - the differences will be easy to see.

Reactions: Al M.

cheonbson

Aug 24, 2021
Yeah, that is true. I work as a video editor and I really can hear the difference in sound when I get materials to work with. VYDA cables make a huge improvement in sound and I have to work on it less. It saves a lot of time.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
That's not a big divide. In fact, I agree with both assertions.

This thread is 10 pages and 9.75 of them are pure garbage. Imagine someone coming to this thread 6 months from now trying to find constructive feedback on Vyda cables and needing to wade through this nonsense to try to find what little there actually is on the topic. It dilutes the overall value of the forum. Shameful.

100% agree. This thread is a disgrace, especially to Vienna.

Not sure why all the BS regarding the video's.

Reactions: marmota

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
100% agree. This thread is a disgrace, especially to Vienna.

Not sure why all the BS regarding the video's.

Because some people can't extrapolate and just grossly oversimplifies everything to their small level of understanding. The phrase "this is why we can't have nice things" was invented because of such people, IMO.

Reactions: bonzo75 and Bobvin

TDX

Jan 14, 2020

HFC Version :

View attachment 76718

the all silver version:

View attachment 76717

View attachment 76732

View attachment 76720 View attachment 76721

View attachment 76727 View attachment 76728 View attachment 76729 View attachment 76730 View attachment 76731

Hi Vienna, are you still enjoying VYDA cables?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing