WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
unnamed.jpg

Reactions: thomask

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
just noticed the dates for the 23' Pacific Audio Fest in Seattle, June 23-25, is just 2 weeks after the SoCal Audio Show June 9th-11th in Costa Mesa.

both competing for the same attendees and exhibitors in the same time window and region.

this is very unfortunate in my opinion. i was intending to attend the SoCal Show until i saw the dates for the Seattle show. this will undermine the growth of both these new shows in new venues trying to get traction. wish the Seattle show stuck with end of July. assume it was a hotel thing and they had no choice. since the SoCal show is typically in early June over many years.

darn.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That is probably hell for the exhibitors. Just two weeks to pack it all up and head out to Seattle. Same guy does CAF.

InfigoAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 14, 2022
Kelowna, BC, Canada
www.infigoaudio.com
Yes... June this year is a crazy time for audio shows.
We were at Dallas Lonestar first week of June, had to skip the SoCal (T.H.E. Show) because it's right after Lonestar and right before Pacific Audio Fest shifted into June...
We'll be at PAF in suite 1352, first stop on the right when exiting the elevator at the 13th floor.

The timing is very unfortunate indeed, the logistics are pretty hard on smaller companies like ours...
It is what it is...

Onward and upward :)

Cheers, Hans.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Bump. Any other threads on this.
Anyone going. Any meet ups?

RichardA

VIP/Donor
Mar 21, 2017
Calabasas CA
I'm looking forward to a few nice days in Seattle. I hope to see some friendly faces.

Reactions: rubinken

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: songeraudio

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Me too :)

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Any show feedback?

songeraudio

Manufacturer Handmade Field Coil Speakers
Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
Hey, we're the spotlight on the front page of Part-time Audiophile this morning! Marc Phillips (Editor-in-Chief of PTA) was great company in our room over the weekend, and couldn't have said more lovely things about the Songer Audio S1 and S2, and Whammerdyne's wonderful 2A3 amplifiers:

@Solypsa @Ron Resnick @Rexp Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed our rooms! We've loved hosting you guys this past month in Costa Mesa and Seattle. Sure, I'd love to show with a vinyl rig! I'll have to start looking into making that happen, for CAF in November...

The full system! Depending on the day, it was of course the S1 and S2, with amplification from Whammerdyne's Ultimate Truth and DGA-Ultra amplifiers. The DAC is indeed a magnificent Mola Mola Tambaqui. Speaker cables were hand-made by Pat Hickman of Whammerdyne, interconnects were Jena Labs, and power conditioning and cords were a Plixir BAC-400 and True Power Lab respectively, courtesy of our friends at AlexSound Technology.

Cheers to everyone who made time for us this month! We had a fantastic time, and will be hoping to seeing you again in DC.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I heard your Songer speakers and Whammerdyne at Axpona. It is quite good. I also heard a field coil driver in a large slab of live edge wood at Axpona. Also very good.

It seems a well designed field coil driver can make a very pleasing presentation. I have not put my head around the whole of what you have going on. But its definitely worth further investigation.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Maybe we can find even more ways to torture the exhibitors by only giving them only a three day lead.

songeraudio

Manufacturer Handmade Field Coil Speakers
Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
I heard your Songer speakers and Whammerdyne at Axpona. It is quite good. I also heard a field coil driver in a large slab of live edge wood at Axpona. Also very good.

It seems a well designed field coil driver can make a very pleasing presentation. I have not put my head around the whole of what you have going on. But its definitely worth further investigation.
Thank you, @Kingrex! If you happen to find yourself in the Portland area, we'd love to host you for a private listening session.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I'm doing an install in 2 weeks in PTown. PM me

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing