Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Christoph,

All my Valvo and Telefunken 2504 are solid plate. I never had a chance to try mesh. Valvo G2504 is now very rare in solid plate, and my sense is, the mesh plate is even harder or close to impossible to obtain.

What tubes do you use in your Pac?

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi Christoph,

All my Valvo and Telefunken 2504 are solid plate. I never had a chance to try mesh. Valvo G2504 is now very rare in solid plate, and my sense is, the mesh plate is even harder or close to impossible to obtain.

What tubes do you use in your Pac?
Thanks again, Blake.
At the moment, I am PAC-less because I sent my PAC1 to his home base in Poland to become a PAC2 :cool:

After it's return back to my place, I will gladly re-evaluate all my many options :eek:
Maybe for the first time I might even like the EML 45 Mesh Anniversary Globes, or maybe not :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023
According to your signature, you already have the PAC2 :cool:
Correct, I got mine back a few weeks ago, want to see if other people have the same impression as me....

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Correct, I got mine back a few weeks ago, want to see if other people have the same impression as me....

Did you also upgrade from PAC1 to PAC2?

If the upgrade on the PAC is anywhere as profound as the one from TRP2 (E53) to TRP3 (E11), then the bass should be more in quantity but also in quality.

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023
Did you also upgrade from PAC1 to PAC2?

If the upgrade on the PAC is anywhere as profound as the one from TRP2 (E53) to TRP3 (E11), then the bass should be more in quantity but also in quality.
I did yes. I want to see what other people experience in practice

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I did yes. I want to see what other people experience in practice
I will report as soon as I get it back and could gather some insight.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Jagodak

Jun 4, 2022
EU
Hi, I wonder if anyone of you have tried different xlr cables between dac and active speakers? I wonder if copper or silver or a mix is a winner. Tried to ask few dealers, but their experience is limited to most common connection pre or amp to passive speakers.
Thanks for your experience that you could share here.
Cheers

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Has it landed?
Ooops :oops:
Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread and to report back :eek:

The upgrade from Pacific1 to Pacific2 is a complete no-brainer.
PAC2 is way better than PAC1 in every aspect :cool:

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Ooops :oops:
Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread and to report back :eek:

The upgrade from Pacific1 to Pacific2 is a complete no-brainer.
PAC2 is way better than PAC1 in every aspect :cool:

Congratulations! Thanks for the report.

What tubes are you using?

Azh123

Jan 14, 2024
The Netherlands
My Pacific already has the JLsound USB. I am wondering about the effect of the Engine Eleven-P upgrade when done on a machine with the USB already upgraded before the Eleven-P upgrade. Did anybody walk this path and feel like sharing their findings?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Congratulations! Thanks for the report.

What tubes are you using?

PT14 at the moment, but I have a big LOT of different DHTs.

In the 6N6P position I use (again) a pair of E83F.

As rectifier I use mostly type 80 Globes.

My PAC2 is still changing slightly so I keep changing tubes to accommodate for this during the rest of the break-in period.

Reactions: lordcloud

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing