Pass 260.8's

krelldog

Apr 4, 2018
I recently had a conversation with Mark at Reno Hifi. I'm looking to upgrade from my Pass Labs 250.8 and asked about 60.8's or even the 100.8's.

One of the advantages of the 60.8's was a slightly smaller chassis in height. These would fit in my existing Timbernation audio rack.

After explaining my wishes and needs, Mark brought my attention to the 260.8's. He raved about their sonic abilities, and they are actually in the same chassis as the 60.8's.

I don't hear much about the 260.8's and can't find any reviews.

Does anybody have any experience with these amplifiers?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Reactions: Audire

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I have a pair of 260.8’s driving my Von Schweikert Endeavor SE’s. In short they are the best amps I have ever used in my system. I also think they are better than my friends X250.5, which I’d heard many times in his system. Great from low bass to the highest upper frequencies. Pure, liquid but not sloppy, open... to me there’s nothing not to like about them.

Reactions: tdotson41

krelldog

Apr 4, 2018
Thanks Tony,

Your description is spot on to how Mark described them. Also our systems are extremely similar other than the speakers. I have Martin Logan Montis's. Thanks for your input.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
There are quite a few 260.8 user reviews online, google it. I did research before mine. They are very good. Better sound image yet a lot of power for punchy bass.

tdotson41

Jan 14, 2020
I have a pair of 260.8’s driving my Von Schweikert Endeavor SE’s. In short they are the best amps I have ever used in my system. I also think they are better than my friends X250.5, which I’d heard many times in his system. Great from low bass to the highest upper frequencies. Pure, liquid but not sloppy, open... to me there’s nothing not to like about them.
I‘m trading my Ref 210 monos for the X260.8. I hope they are as good as I’ve heard people claim. I’m purchasing them sight/ sound unheard to drive my Magnepan 20.7’s. I’m honestly over tubes and heard the Pass Labs were a very musical amp.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I‘m trading my Ref 210 monos for the X260.8. I hope they are as good as I’ve heard people claim. I’m purchasing them sight/ sound unheard to drive my Magnepan 20.7’s. I’m honestly over tubes and heard the Pass Labs were a very musical amp.
Good luck! Let us know how they sound once they’re all burned in.

Hasse

Jan 11, 2016
I’m very curious to hear how the Pass X260.8 monos compare to the ARC 210’s on your Magnepans.
Please let us know

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I’ve owned 260.8s for almost two years. I’m preparing to purchase a new system and they are staying in my system. They are Class A to 34 - and in my system they have never left Class A. There have plenty of power. And they produce very good sound.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I’ve owned 260.8s for almost two years. I’m preparing to purchase a new system and they are staying in my system. They are Class A to 34 - and in my system they have never left Class A. There have plenty of power. And they produce very good sound.
Congrats! What will your new system look like built around the 260.8s? Any decisions made on the key parts? Speakers, Preamp? Source?

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Congrats! What will your new system look like built around the 260.8s? Any decisions made on the key parts? Speakers, Preamp? Source?

I was supposed to cut the check yesterday, but life interfered.

Proposed system:

Magico M2 or M3
EMM Pre, DAC, and SACD
Aurender N30 and ACS10
VAC Phono Pre
Shunyata cabling w/ Everest

The TT is where life interfered. I was all set to order a Bergmann Glader with Odin arm, but I wasn't satisfied with the time I'd have to wait for it. So now I'm deciding between the AMG Forte Turbo and the J Sikora Standard Max ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing