Philip's Demo Playlists on Qobuz & Tidal.

marksn1

VIP/Donor
Jul 18, 2015
Hi Phillip: First I would like to thank you for positing so much great music. I really appreciate the time and effort you went into making these and I have spent the time listening to alot of them over the last week. Great choices and certainly terrific for bringing the best out of a system. I do have a question.......I use Roon to manage my music and for playback in my system. I am a subscriber to Qobuz through Roon. Although I am able to listen to the playlists you created on my desktop I am unable to import them into Roon through Qobuz. Ive tried everything utlizing various paths but to no avail. I would love to have access to these great playlists in my main system through Roon but have not been able to figure out a way to do it. Any suggestions? If not, thanks again for taking the time to make these and sharing them with all of us.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks so much for sharing Philip.

Quick question - any way to add these quickly to Roon playlists?

Thx!
Owen

Reactions: Philip O Hanlon

HiResEvangelist

Dec 15, 2020
Hi Phillip: First I would like to thank you for positing so much great music. I really appreciate the time and effort you went into making these and I have spent the time listening to alot of them over the last week. Great choices and certainly terrific for bringing the best out of a system. I do have a question.......I use Roon to manage my music and for playback in my system. I am a subscriber to Qobuz through Roon. Although I am able to listen to the playlists you created on my desktop I am unable to import them into Roon through Qobuz. Ive tried everything utlizing various paths but to no avail. I would love to have access to these great playlists in my main system through Roon but have not been able to figure out a way to do it. Any suggestions? If not, thanks again for taking the time to make these and sharing them with all of us.
Hi, This is David Solomon from Qobuz. Philip asked that I answer your question.
To transfer a playlist, artist or album is mark it in Qobuz w a heart. It will take a little while to register, but then it will be available under your library artists and albums. Your playlists will be available under Your Stuff. Hope this helps.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
To transfer a playlist, artist or album is mark it in Qobuz w a heart. It will take a little while to register, but then it will be available under your library artists and albums. Your playlists will be available under Your Stuff. Hope this helps.
Ahhh, that makes sense, David. Qobuz kicks ass and is my go-to. With a Lampi DAC I find myself not even listening to Tidal anymore and may just cancel their service and use Qobuz exclusively! Thanks for all that you do and for answering my question.

marksn1

VIP/Donor
Jul 18, 2015
Thank you Solomon, I finally got it to work and am enjoying this great music on Qobuz.....Happy New Year!

Reactions: Philip O Hanlon
May we resume our life in the New Year !

Reactions: sbnx and Scott W

petzzz

Dec 3, 2020
Thanks for the music Philip and stay safe!

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Some great selection. Thanks for putting in all of the work. I accessed all of the Playlists, checked the "hearts" of those I listened to in Qobuz and that I wanted to show up in Roon, and wondering if they will show up in some kind of Playlist? Or do I just need to find them a create a new playlist. I did this about 8 hours ago.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I'm able to see the cuts where I checked the "hearts" as part of my Roon Library. But I don't see "Your Stuff" nor can I find any way to see the Playlists? What am I doing wrong - or not doing correct?

stretchneck

Apr 24, 2020
I must say that these are all brilliant - so grateful to you for posting. I would have never have found some of these gems... or listened to Elvis!

Reactions: Robertd

kenfren

Feb 11, 2021
Struggling to open Phillip's Demo 1 on my laptop (Win 8/Chrome browser). New Tidal Hifi account. What's Best Forum homepage only opens on my smartphone so I sent the link via email and tried to open in Tidal, it transfers but it wont play. Any guidance would be appreciated. The Tidal folks have yet to respond and the site is not intuitive.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I sent the link via email and tried to open in Tidal, it transfers but it wont play. Any guidance would be appreciated. The Tidal folks have yet to respond and the site is not intuitive.

h ttps://tidal.com/browse/playlist/5af92ff4-4ca7-4b63-8733-6d5274f24f78

Verify that is the link your phone collected for Demo 1 (Minus space I had to add to display a bare http address). As opposed to one meant to load and work correctly on a mobile phone. Might also help to clear your cache and log out / log back in.

kenfren

Feb 11, 2021
h ttps://tidal.com/browse/playlist/5af92ff4-4ca7-4b63-8733-6d5274f24f78

Verify that is the link your phone collected for Demo 1 (Minus space I had to add to display a bare http address). As opposed to one meant to load and work correctly on a mobile phone. Might also help to clear your cache and log out / log back in.
Thanks much for the reply, unfortunately the struggle continues. When things play they do so very intermittently. Not enamored with Tidal thus far.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I did not have any issues with the playlists. Could it be that your bandwidth cannot handle the master files? A few suggestions: Make sure your TIDAL app is up-to-date. Force close and restart TIDAL. Clear your cache. Play the selected content on a different browser and different device. Try web and desktop versions.

Reactions: rando

kenfren

Feb 11, 2021
Truly grateful for the support. WiFi extender solved my problem. These Demos are wonderful for exploring musical possibilities of both content and equipment. Thank you Philip from one late to the show. And I too get an 'Oops' opening Demo IX in Tidal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing