Pilium Audio arrives at Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Rhapsody.Audio welcomes Pilium Audio (Greece)https://www.piliumaudio.com to Manhattan. Yesterday we recevied the Alexander two chassis preamp (center), the Achilles stereo amplifier (right and 120Kg!) as well as the Leonidas 200 Watt integrated, a light 98Kg:)

Even out of their flight cases the Pilium sound is hard to describe other than maybe MAGNIFICENT! Come in for a listen.

20190620_084116.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Pilium Audio is an unfamiliar brand for me.
Please tell us more about the brand and its products.
Thanks!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Pilium Audio is an unfamiliar brand for me.
Please tell us more about the brand and its products.
Thanks!

Hi CK,

Thank you for asking.

Probably best to look over the site at https://www.piliumaudio.com to get a sense for the company and it's offerings.

I had not heard the pre and amps prior to committing to represent Pilium in the US. Although I had been told by a few friends from Europe that the new Divine series from Pilium was the best SS that they had ever heard. I trusted their ears and I felt the pricing was very reasonable with a product that will compete with any SS brand on the planet.

I don't subscribe to "the best" even if this is WBF. At this point in time to me most of the major and even not so major brands make GREAT sound. It's a lot of personal preference and system/room matching.

Now that I have the Leonidas integrated and the Alexander pre and Achilles stereo amp I feel very confident that they will compete with any electronics SS or Tubes at any price. They are not inexpensive but for instance the 200lb Leonidas integrated is $39K in the US is a beast with A+++ build quality and a pure sonic signature.

For me personally, I love the sonics, the aesthetics, the build quality, then the user operation and living with aspect of the units. They are the real deal, again for me personally.

The amps can be on for 24 hours and if you touch them they are not even warm, pretty much room temperature. They all run Class AB, but that has almost nothing to do with the results the amps provide sonically. It has to do with Konsantinos' recipe which delivers the final result.

We have a US Pilium service center set up for all Pilium products that will be sold in the US. Although when you see the build quality, I doubt if there will be many service issues.

It's not tubes, it's not SS, what it sounds like in my room is like live musicians in the room. Bring a drummer, and two electric guitars into your listening room and hear and feel the dynamics that would bring into your room. I am experiencing the same sense of realism, not just tonality and soundstage but the power of live music in the room.

Full orchestra is quite the experience.

That's just me and what I am experiencing with my room and speakers/sources etc, which is all that I know, but I'm selling the product and I don't even like to comment on it. Hopefully in the future other WBF members will visit and then let's see what they say. That is much more informative to me than my personal opinion.

Again, thx for asking!

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Bob,
Read the list of the brands you have carrying and it's obvious that they are all very top brands in the market.

So I think Pilium Audio must be really something.

If you have time, please tell us more about each of their products one by one.
Many thanks again!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
OK....

Anyone that would like to know about the company can see that here.

The Pilium Divine line of electronics is the only line that is now in production at Pilium. The original Brutale line of products has been discontinued.

Prices are US prices and include all VAT taxes, shipping costs and equipment installation anywhere in the US.

Leonidas 200 Watt Integrated - Balanced and RCA inputs, perfect acting and feeling remote, everything heavy duty and solid, but very refiined. It and all of the Pilium products remind me of a Bentley. Usually I think Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo as analogies, but Pilium feels and sounds luxurious to me. Sounds like $200K separates. $39Kusd

Alexander two chassis preamp - None of these products have a sonic signature that I can hear. Just the music. The pre in this configuration or even the pre in the Leonidas I believe has a LOT to do with the sonics. $49Kusd

Areas single chassis preamp- Same as Alexander with integrated power supply. $39Kusd

Achilles Stereo amp - 300W/600W/1200W stable at 1ohm load. It's a beast, 265lbs. No sonic signature, will drive anything, cool to the touch. $49Kusd

Hercules Mono amps - 350W/700W/1400W stable at 1 ohm load. More of the Achilles Stereo amp, a little more power, but the Achilles with drive any speaker, so I believe that people that purchase the Hercules just want monos for logistical reason vs. for increase sonics. With most speakers the Achilles sonically is all that would be required.

Not until you get into a large room with hard to drive speakers will someone need the monos......unless they just like monos or the name Hercules:) $79Kusd/pair

A+++ packaging with flight cases. As good as it gets.

That's off the top of my head while watching the NBA draft. No surprises in the draft with the first couple picks.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: ack and CKKeung

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thx Bill, and yes then you would then need two preamps to do stereo IF it wasn't a typo:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing