Pink Faun 2.16X wins Upper Echelon Award

Pink Faun

Dec 2, 2019
www.pinkfaun.com
@Stereophonic This is only the first part of the review. The second part is currently being written.

"In part two I'll focus on the particular music references that point at the Pink Faun 2.16x streamer's advantages and what makes it stand out of the crowd"

When ready we'll post it here. Thank you,

Reactions: ferenc_k

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Looks like the SGM Extreme is performing better otherwise the Pink Faun would get the Editor Choice.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Looks like the SGM Extreme is performing better otherwise the Pink Faun would get the Editor Choice.

We don’t know that. A lof of products reviewed on M&S don’t get a reward at all so you can assume it’s indeed an “upper echelon” product.

I have heard the double stack Pink Faun in the Aries Cerat room in Munich and the system honestly sounded very good despite being handicapped by one of those horrible ground floor cabins.

Congratulations Pink Faun, I’m sure it’s well deserved.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Do you really trust in Monoandstereo?

Yes, I trust they reviewed it. :) All else is information and entertainment, although I often find their technical discourse childish and condescendent.

Reactions: Stereophonic

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I think the stuff got awarded editor choice is pretty good. I could not care too much about the stuff on upper echelon or whatever title they could think of next.

When there are 2 ultra end server that goes head to head, would not one curious to know who goes on top.

I would question even harder if pink faun got editor choice and SGM got upper echelon. Since SGM is the one who is getting all the praise these days.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

Bobwah

Feb 22, 2016
I think the stuff got awarded editor choice is pretty good. I could not care too much about the stuff on upper echelon or whatever title they could think of next.

When there are 2 ultra end server that goes head to head, would not one curious to know who goes on top.

I would question even harder if pink faun got editor choice and SGM got upper echelon. Since SGM is the one who is getting all the praise these days.

Pretty sure the price of the SGM server is equivalent to dual 2.16X.

No doubt 2 of the best. Fanboy sensitivities aside its nice to have two such sota options available to us all.

Reactions: Pink Faun

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Pretty sure the price of the SGM server is equivalent to dual 2.16X.
Still something of a difference in price on this side of the pond....15k euro 2.16x vs 24k euro SGM Extreme...both pretax..

Pink Faun

Dec 2, 2019
www.pinkfaun.com
We don’t know that. A lof of products reviewed on M&S don’t get a reward at all so you can assume it’s indeed an “upper echelon” product.

I have heard the double stack Pink Faun in the Aries Cerat room in Munich and the system honestly sounded very good despite being handicapped by one of those horrible ground floor cabins.

Congratulations Pink Faun, I’m sure it’s well deserved.
Thank you Emile

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Matej Isak had not been testing a Taiko Extreme on his system?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Two questions for both Emile and Pink Faun:
Why do you use more uF (700000/800000) than the uF available on the 99% amps market?
Are you considering designing a Dac to get better synergy from both servers?
Regards.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing