Please help me upgrade my speakers from kef r3?

miotech

Jun 2, 2017
Hello i bought kef r3 and nad m33

can you please advice me what next speakers i can get in order to upgrade my current kef r3 please .
my current consideration are
kef reference 1 meta ,

focal utopia diablo,
focal sopra 1, kanta 1 ,

or bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4 these i can order in my country i dont care about brands which i cant order, these are not available for try or test or demo them please advice i want something much better compared to kef r3 please i hope you will reply i want some dramatic improvement over kef r3.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
The speakers on your list are too small IMO, they are all bookshelf speakers. Your NAD M33 can drive a good set of full range floorstanding speakers, the KEF Reference 3 or B&W 804 D4.

miotech

Jun 2, 2017
Hello i have very limited space place i can get only bookshelves speakers. I can get extra sub thats not a problem.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
My favorite bookshelf speakers are Wilson Audio Tune Tots. If you can't get those, the B&W 805 D4 would be my choice.

miotech

Jun 2, 2017
My favorite bookshelf speakers are Wilson Audio Tune Tots. If you can't get those, the B&W 805 D4 would be my choice.
Ok have you ever heard other options?
also do i need to pair 805 d4 with sub?

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
The paradigm persona b is really impressive. They do need to be a few feet away from reflective surfaces to stay smooth.

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
If you are happy with Kef sound signature, stay with Kef and go up to Reference series. Focal has different sound signature, Sopra 1 looks small but need a space well placed, then this “small” bookshelf act as a floor stand. Otherwise, adding sub into your current setup will gain from what you get already. You may play and fine your current setup with stands, isolation, accoustical room treatment and you will be surprised how much is hidden even in your current potential.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing