Plinius Audio - The heart of Music

Jonas

Oct 9, 2014
Hi

(Could not find a basic thread for this brand on the forum. If there is admin, feel free to delete this one)

Are there more friends of New Zealand's pride Plinius Audio here?
Plinius was founded back in 1980 and have over the years, produced a great selection of well-playing audio equipment .
They are perhaps best known for their extreme powerful and sophisticated Class A amplifiers.

In the recent years I've had the following products from Plinius.
Integrated Amplifier: Plinius Hiato
Power Amplifier: Sa-103, 2x Sa-103 in Mono and now at last Sa-Reference.
Preamplifiers: Kaitaki and now RM-10 (the newly launched)
Streamer / Dac: Tiki
RIAA: Koru

They have all been fantastic products in their class. Great craftsmanship both in terms of sound and appearance.

Feel free to share opinions and experience of this brand! SAM_6185.JPG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Beautiful! Would love to know about their Ref 300/SA-Ref amp. A big fan of Class A SS! How does it compare with Plinius' other amps...and perhaps with amps from other brands? Boulder, Gryphon, Vitus which come to mind as the other big Class A SS manufacturers?

Jonas

Oct 9, 2014
Hi
I can sadly not comment Plinius up against other in same Class, since i dont have Tested/compared them.

But i own the Sa-Ref and are extremly satisfied with this.
The Plinius sound are engaging, sweet detailed, and extremly powerful with a great punchy bottom end.

The Reference A-300 is an evolution of the Sa-Ref. Throughout the design process each and every part has been reviewed, evaluated and refined. Every subsection of the electronics boasts changes to components, specification, layout and interconnection resulting in a truly sophisticated amplifier. Exc. Redesigned Low noise power supply.

Jonas

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Are there/here any other Plinius user?
in the past I had the SA-103 for my big Shahinian Diapason speakers and it was fantastic. I wanted the SA-Reference, but it newer came true, maybe in the future…
Can anyone report about the differences between the SA-Reference and Reference A-300?

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing