Plixir Statement LPS : I bought this flagship grade LPS just now.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Linear powersupplies (LPS) are important infrastructure of moden day audio systems, particularly CAS systems.

I have auditioned most of the top LPS in the market during past several years and finally took the plunge and purchased an Ediscreation Firebird LPS in July last year. I write a review on WBF too :

There are 3 dc outputs on Firebird and should be sufficient for an usual CAS system. Why buying an additional Plixir Statement LPS?
Let me show you some "openbox" photos before I tell you the reasons.

The box/packing are unassuming :
IMG_20230329_195652.jpg

So is the external look because only black colour is available. The chassis is sturdy :
IMG_20230328_180346.jpg

At the back here are two dc outputs of the same voltage and a grounding-post :
IMG_20230328_180251.jpg

The orginal footers are from bFly Audio of Germany, made of multiple layers of diff materials to reduce vibration :
IMG_20230329_194902.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-28-20-08-07-776_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

The included dc cables are the proprietary Elementa from Plixir :
IMG_20230329_195255.jpg

It was being given a Vertere Red powercord in my audio system :
IMG_20230329_150938.jpg

Here are the specs on Plixir website and I won't repeat :

Sonically the Statement LPS surprised me by :
1. Its extreme darkness/quietness. It is not "dead silence" but there is so much air and harmonics of instruments/voices in the soundstage.

2. The extreme agility and frequency extensions. Beware : there is zero harshness but only the liveliness of real music playing.

Personally I think that these two aspects of Statement LPS are the strongest among all the top LPS that I have auditioned.

No wonder James, the boss/designer of Plixir in the press release claimed that the Statement was to fight with the best bigboss LPS in the market!
:p
IMG_20230317_131915.jpg

Why buy a Statement despite that I have a Firebird?
It's because I have ordered Extreme Switch+network card combo for my Extreme Server.
I went to listen to the demo setup in Volent Audio HK and compared diff LPSs driving the Extreme Switch.
IMHO Plixir Statement is THE best LPS for Extreme Switch! They are the best partners.

1679998601258.jpg

To be fair, I think that the absolute performance of Firebird and Statement are on par, but they possess diff sonic characters.
They are a bit like tube amps & SS amps respectively.
The Statement is agile, quiet whereas Firebird is mellower and has a wider soundstage.

I will keep both and mix & match them with the various components in my audio system to achieve the best mix/configuration.

In my eyes/ears, they are the best LPS in the market and I'm confident that WBF members buying either of them will have no regret.
;)

Last edited:

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
So, their pricing lists "$1,850 without GST" and "$1,998 with GST". Anybody know what GST is? I tried their search function on the site and it came up empty for "GST", oddly enough.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
GST=Goods and Services Tax

Reactions: fizzletop

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
So, their pricing lists "$1,850 without GST" and "$1,998 with GST". Anybody know what GST is? I tried their search function on the site and it came up empty for "GST", oddly enough.
Please note that Plixir is a Singaporean company.
The prices listed on Plixir website are in Singaporean dollar SGD.
Currently 1 SGD is around 0.75 USD.

GST is for local sale in Singapore so overseas purchase is free of this tax.

However I notice that there isn't a N Am or European dealer yet.
WBF members may buy directly from Plixir or ask one the the Asian dealers such as Volent HK in Hong Kong to see if they entertain overseas purchase or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: FDPDK

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
I tried buying from Singapore, but there are distributors here in NZ.

Decided to purchase the Plixir Elite BDC Dual and also an Elite BDC single a month ago.
At the time the Statement LPS wasn't finalised.
I should have waited.

Still, the Elite BDC is really good...

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Linear powersupplies (LPS) are important infrastructure of moden day audio systems, particularly CAS systems.

I have auditioned most of the top LPS in the market during past several years and finally took the plunge and purchased an Ediscreation Firebird LPS in July last year. I write a review on WBF too :

There are 3 dc outputs on Firebird and should be sufficient for an usual CAS system. Why buying an additional Plixir Statement LPS?
Let me show you some "openbox" photos before I tell you the reasons.

The box/packing are unassuming :
View attachment 106877

So is the external look because only black colour is available. The chassis is sturdy :
View attachment 106878

At the back here are two dc outputs of the same voltage and a grounding-post :
View attachment 106879

The orginal footers are from bFly Audio of Germany, made of multiple layers of diff materials to reduce vibration :
View attachment 106880
View attachment 106887

The included dc cables are the proprietary Elementa from Plixir :
View attachment 106881

It was being given a Vertere Red powercord in my audio system :
View attachment 106882

Here are the specs on Plixir website and I won't repeat :

Sonically the Statement LPS surprised me by :
1. Its extreme darkness/quietness. It is not "dead silence" but there is so much air and harmonics of instruments/voices in the soundstage.

2. The extreme agility and frequency extensions. Beware : there is zero harshness but only the liveliness of real music playing.

Personally I think that these two aspects of Statement LPS are the strongest among all the top LPS that I have auditioned.

No wonder James, the boss/designer of Plixir in the press release claimed that the Statement was to fight with the best bigboss LPS in the market!
:p
View attachment 106886

Why buy a Statement despite that I have a Firebird?
It's because I have ordered Extreme Switch+network card combo for my Extreme Server.
I went to listen to the demo setup in Volent Audio HK and compared diff LPSs driving the Extreme Switch.
IMHO Plixir Statement is THE best LPS for Extreme Switch! They are the best partners.

View attachment 106883

To be fair, I think that the absolute performance of Firebird and Statement are on par, but they possess diff sonic characters.
They are a bit like tube amps & SS amps respectively.
The Statement is agile, quiet whereas Firebird is mellower and has a wider soundstage.

I will keep both and mix & match them with the various components in my audio system to achieve the best mix/configuration.

In my eyes/ears, they are the best LPS in the market and I'm confident that WBF members buying either of them will have no regret.
;)
A couple of questions.

- I have 3 RedLines power cords but my plugs are different from yours. The red cable looks the same as mines but the plugs not. Have you changed them?

- Have you compared this Plixir with the upgraded Farads (inlets and fuses) ? If so what power cord did you use for the Farad. Reason for asking is that I heard a big uplift using a Redline with my Farads compared to the stock cord and even compared the Farads own power cord.

Gunnar

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A couple of questions.

- I have 3 RedLines power cords but my plugs are different from yours. The red cable looks the same as mines but the plugs not. Have you changed them?

- Have you compared this Plixir with the upgraded Farads (inlets and fuses) ? If so what power cord did you use for the Farad. Reason for asking is that I heard a big uplift using a Redline with my Farads compared to the stock cord and even compared the Farads own power cord.

Gunnar
Please read my review, particularly #6 & #7 about upgrading the plugs on the Vertere Redline powercord :

Concerning the Farad (and also the Ferrum Hypsos & Paul Hynes), IMHO I preferred the Ediscreation Firebird LPS during my comparison performed last year and so I bought a Firebird then.

I have already given my views on Statement vs Firebird on #1.

Of course it may be my personal taste only and YMMV.
:)

Reactions: HTMUSIC

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Please read my review, particularly #6 & #7 about upgrading the plugs on the Vertere Redline powercord :

Concerning the Farad (and also the Ferrum Hypsos & Paul Hynes), IMHO I preferred the Ediscreation Firebird LPS during my comparison performed last year and so I bought a Firebird then.

I have already given my views on Statement vs Firebird on #1.

Of course it may be my personal taste only and YMMV.
:)
Thanks,
i had already read “the plugs and the Redline” but didn’t made the connection. I think I will give some new Furutech plugs a try.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Thanks,
i had already read “the plugs and the Redline” but didn’t made the connection. I think I will give some new Furutech plugs a try.
This is my Vertere Red powercord with the two plugs replaced :

Screenshot_2023-04-02-19-34-28-830_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Tonari

Feb 18, 2023
Thank you for making us discover this new model from Plixir. Probably a silly question but I guess that due to the design of the power supply you cannot request to have 2 different volages (eg 19V for a NUC and 12V for a switch)?

Reactions: Gunnar

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Thank you for making us discover this new model from Plixir. Probably a silly question but I guess that due to the design of the power supply you cannot request to have 2 different volages (eg 19V for a NUC and 12V for a switch)?

Dear Tonari,

I am James Soh, the maker of PLixiR power products. It is best that I answer this question. Both the output of the Statement BDC has the same voltage, so no, you cannot have 2 different voltage output from the Statement BDC.

Cheers.

James Soh.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Two of my Extreme Switch user friends have got the Plixir Statement LPS.
They are very happy with the pairing!
:D

IMG_20230416_144607.jpg

IMG_20230416_144454.jpg

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
I’ve bought this to use with my taiko switch, with another one on standby for the taiko router.

It has a deep black background that makes the music sound very real and lifelike. It also matches very well with the low noise taiko switch!

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
I’ve bought this to use with my taiko switch, with another one on standby for the taiko router.

It has a deep black background that makes the music sound very real and lifelike. It also matches very well with the low noise taiko switch!
That sounds encouraging! Have you tried the switch with any other LPS's prior as a point of comparison, or are your comments about this Plixir vs. the Taiko supplied SMPS?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing