Poll... would you allow the Ebola patients into your country?

Would you allow the Ebola patients into your country?

• Yes, and why

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No, and why

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
This is horrifying. What do you think?

ebola.jpg

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
YES! We already have dangerous infectious disease centers and more are on the way (one is being built here in Boston) - that is a MUCH higher risk move. Also, are you really going to sacrifice infected humans by keeping them far away, in the name of public safety? And will you do the same in West Africa? Quarantine and abandon entire regions, letting people die, so that the disease can "run its course"? Lastly, how do you know there aren't people already infected here? There is this doctor who voluntarily has quarantined himself; is he the only other known case? No one abandons dead or wounded soldiers, are we going to abandon sick citizens in the name of <fill in the blank>?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
YES! We already have dangerous infectious disease centers and more are on the way (one is being built here in Boston) - that is a MUCH higher risk move. Also, are you really going to sacrifice infected humans by keeping them far away, in the name of public safety? And will you do the same in West Africa? Quarantine and abandon entire regions, letting people die, so that the disease can "run its course"? Lastly, how do you know there aren't people already infected here? There is this doctor who voluntarily has quarantined himself; is he the only other known case? No one abandons dead or wounded soldiers, are we going to abandon sick citizens in the name of <fill in the blank>?

+1

Have anyone ever thought about the so-caled BSL-4 laboratories?

They may have in these (no conspiracy theories here) germs more dangerous than the Ebola virus .. All that under our noses ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level#List_of_BSL-4_facilities

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Think of it another way: if you don't have confidence in transporting and properly handling two sick patients, how much confidence do you have in those infectious disease centers and their ability to contain the spread of diseases in their labs

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
considering the CDC exposed 70 workers to anthrax, lost vials of live small pox...no I don't think we should have brought ebola to this country.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
This is horrifying. What do you think?

View attachment 16710

It goes to show you should stick to Audio related topics. Through their actions these individuals have earned the right to return for treatment. It is much easier to quarantine these individuals in the US than it is to stop the spread in Africa.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Lyme

considering the CDC exposed 70 workers to anthrax, lost vials of live small pox...no I don't think we should have brought ebola to this country.

I watched a show the other night on lyme and how it is spread by ticks. It was first seen in Lyme NY thus the name. Their is a Island 25 miles off the coast from that same town now closed down for developing Bio weapons .

The project was run by a former Nazi officer doing bio weapons in world war two. He was given a pardon if he would head up this project. He favoured ticks as a delivery method.

Lets hope that is a coincidence and we did not do this to ourselves . The first outbreak of flesh eating was near a CDC lab. According to this same show.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Blame big pharma. Really?

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Ebola is already here if you consider tissue samples. I see no reason that these patients shouldn't be here. If we cant handle them how will we handle a patiet who is diagnosed here? My daughter works in a lab with resistant TB. THAT is a disease you should be afraid of!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ebola is already here if you consider tissue samples. I see no reason that these patients shouldn't be here. If we cant handle them how will we handle a patiet who is diagnosed here? My daughter works in a lab with resistant TB. THAT is a disease you should be afraid of!

I agree Bruce

These are Americans working in Africa to help treat this deadly disease. According to the poll there are some fellow Americans who believe we should leave them in Africa to die from this deadly virus. I applaud those medical personnel who have risen to the occasion and are looking after these people

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Think of it another way: if you don't have confidence in transporting and properly handling two sick patients, how much confidence do you have in those infectious disease centers and their ability to contain the spread of diseases in their labs

Very little. No, I lied. None.

Exactly. All this effort seems to be some political correctness statement that says we shouldn't be above the risk. It seems that we should be able to treat those patients over there, and avoid any risk to Stateside people whether it is real, or imagined.

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
Why not pose the question again with a qualifier:

"Would you allow the Ebola patients into your country if one of them was a friend or relative?"

My answer is yes to both questions.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I view it more as a humanitarian act rather than one of political correctness

Risking so many to help so few who could be given the same help where they were. Steve I think you are every wrong on this one. Ebola is a very fast killing virus from what little I know of it. In a large population who knows what it could due as it has to date not that I know of never been in a big population outbreak.

I myself in 1999 came home from China with Sars if I had known what it was and that I had it I would not have returned.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Risking so many to help so few who could be given the same help where they were. Steve I think you are every wrong on this one. Ebola is a very fast killing virus from what little I know of it. In a large population who knows what it could due as it has to date not that I know of never been in a big population outbreak.

I myself in 1999 came home from China with Sars if I had known what it was and that I had it I would not have returned.

you're preaching to the choir here my friend.

So according to you guys you would just turn your backs on these people. Nice. If you were doctors I think your comments would nauseate me. So let's leave them to die.Nice

Or better yet, consider you naysayers as the ones infected with the virus and your country closes the door on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing