Potentiometer issue

tonysco

Jan 23, 2023
Wondering if anyone in this forum can offer guidance on a minor issue with my Unison Research S6 tube integrated amplifier. This amp has six buttons to adjust the bias - one for each EL34 power tube. There is one "bias meter" per channel and each meter has three buttons associated with it - one for each EL34 tube (six in total).

The issue is that the meter does not react when pressing the top left bias adjuster button. There are no issues with the other buttons. I have tried switching the afftected tube with a different functional EL34 tube but I'm still not getting a meter response - ie - meter needle does not react.

I may be wrong but in my newbie opinion, the tube and its power output do not seem to be affected. The tube glows as usual and there is no audible difference.

Anyone have any ideas of what can be wrong? Anyone believe this is serious enough for me to stop turning on the amp until it's fixed?

Thanks in advance for any response and guidance.
Tony

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing