Potions from the 50's

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I may be biased having had her in my arms, but I gotta say Lyn Stanley's knocked one out of the park with her latest album - Potions from the 50's.

I listened to the master tape on a Ki Choi-tuned Nagra tape machine, and even had the singer sing along with the tape. Then I had the opportunity to listen to her test pressing and make comments (that I trust were critical but helpful). Having just received the production pressings I bought - this is the first time I've felt that nothing had been lost. Lyn's soulful and coddling voice makes you fall in love with her. IMHO subjectively and objectively perfection. Recorded and mastered by Al Schmitt, mastered by Bernie Grundman, four pristine 45rpm sides pressed at RTI.

I won't repeat any of the reviews and just would like to say this - BUY IT!

Potions.jpg

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Um, I want to hear more about her being in your arms.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary

that Youtube video is a tribute to your speakers. Congratulations on that as well

Thanks, Steve. That's the advantage of a line-source - it carries all the way to the back of the room. You can hear Lyn straining a bit keeping up with herself, but subjectively IMHO she does sound identical live to recorded.

The video incidentally was recorded on a Canon S100 camera.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing