VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Interesting to read your comments

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
That question is very interesting. With a fixed 8db, the sound is like with the switch at -20 or -16?
With the low gain version of the Incito S, i.e. with 8dB gain, the sound is like with switch at -20 on the normal Incito S version.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
The Incito S is very very special. Perhaps the single best audio component Ive ever heard.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
That is correct! But in both cases the sound is excellent and world class. If you haven't heard the 20dB version, you would love the 14dB setting. If you only know the 20dB setting, you would quickly get accustomed to the 14dB setting.
In other words, difference is really minor in my opinion.
It may influence my pre amp, but with my Kassandra in standart output the sound is impressive, when I put the switch on -6 db, the sound loses life and the bass is woolly, I do not like it.
Can you tell me if the Incito-S works just as well using its RCA and XLR outputs? Someone told me that its XLR outputs are not authentically balanced. I would be very interested to know.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
While somewhat system dependent, the Incito S generally sounds its best with the single ended, RCA inputs/outputs. There has been one case where the SYSTEM sounded better with using balanced outputs to a truly balanced pair of MSB M204s, but this has been the exception in our experience.

Single ended is the design of the Incito S, and almost always sounds better using single ended RCA I/O..

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Yes, that was supposed.
Thanks

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
IncitoS-main-inc-drawing.jpg

The Incito S is a ground breaking preamplifier IMO. I would put it against any preamp at 3 times the price.
It comes with standard gain for non AC branded power amplifiers, and high gain to mate best with the Concero 65 for example.

With the Ianus Essentia, which is high gain, you can use the low gain Incito S. This is my path in our demo system.

As regards Single Ended and Balanced, that is a big subject. On the whole tube based amplifiers tend to favour single ended. Many SS power amplifiers seem to be true balanced design input to output but are not, it depends.

Personally, I haven't heard any pre-power combo to date to beat a full Aries Cerat chain as regards timbre and life-like music delivery. Certainly in the case of the Incito S + Triode-fet Essentia IMO it is simply a superb solution.

Reactions: Zappadaddy

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have no doubts about the quality of the Incito-S, but the next pre amp that I get into my system will be one that I have heard on my system and with my amp.
The specifications and reviews are very good, but the bottom line is listening.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
It may influence my pre amp, but with my Kassandra in standart output the sound is impressive, when I put the switch on -6 db, the sound loses life and the bass is woolly, I do not like it.
Can you tell me if the Incito-S works just as well using its RCA and XLR outputs? Someone told me that its XLR outputs are not authentically balanced. I would be very interested to know.
Hello

The output of the Incito S in XLR are true balanced, and floating.

The XLR input is pseudobalanced, unless you order the optional true XLR input.

However ,output is always true balanced when XLR is used, and the switch on XLR(lift) position.

Cheers
Stavros

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi Stavros.
As I understand it, do the XLR connectors have a ground pin? How can they be floating?

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hi Stavros.
As I understand it, do the XLR connectors have a ground pin? How can they be floating?
Hello Francisco

Floating that the Pin2(hot) and Pin3(cold) are driven from the secondary output transformer, and which the secondary is not center tapped and not connected to Pin1. In 99% of the cases floating secondary means less noise and better signal balance.For the 1% of the cases, Pin 1 can be grounded.

Cheers
Stavros

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
I finally bought one IncitoS , and without listening before . I can compare with my Cello
Hi David, what is the verdict on the Incito S comparison?

Frenchrooster

Jan 14, 2012
France
Hi guys,
i heard recently the big Aries Cerat integrated. I was very impressed.
i have an Ear 912 pre. Is it better to add the entry level AC amp to it, or buy instead the entry level integrated?
the dealer in France thinks the pre inside the AC integrated is already better. I doubt.
The second thing is that I already use the phono of the EAR . So would have to buy also a separated phono.
what do you think?

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hi guys,
i heard recently the big Aries Cerat integrated. I was very impressed.
i have an Ear 912 pre. Is it better to add the entry level AC amp to it, or buy instead the entry level integrated?
the dealer in France thinks the pre inside the AC integrated is already better. I doubt.
The second thing is that I already use the phono of the EAR . So would have to buy also a separated phono.
what do you think?
Only one way to be certain, bring your EAR to compare at your dealer.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I heard the Incito S in my system between the Metrum Adagio and driving my Audionet MAX amplifiers 12 weeks ago. I ordered one immediately (previous setup was the Metrum Adagio driving the MAXs directly).

It was magic. Inserting a layer of humanity, density and drive and an outstandingly epic soundstage I had not experienced when driving the maxes directly with the Metrum Adagio.

To my ears, here was no discernable insertion loss. That bares repeating THERE WAS NO DISCERNABLE INSERTION LOSS.

This is the first Pre that changed my perception that, when it comes to digital, the best preamp is no preamp.
The Incito S, to my ears, completely destroys that tenet, at least in he context of this system.

The Aries Cerat DACs are equally special. When our budget allows, we will add one of the Kassandra to our reference system.

Despite the 12 week wait, I ordered the Incito S and became an Aries Cerat Dealer here in Canada.

Well the wait is over, and the Incito S arrives today!!

Until we are able to procure the Kassandra 2 REF, we will have to rough it* with either our Mola Mola Tambaqui or the Metrum Adagio feeding the Incito S and the Audionet MAXs. I'm expecting the Tambaqui as the source driving the Incito S to be quite stunning.

*Problems problems problems of the first world... ;)

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I heard the Incito S in my system between the Metrum Adagio and driving my Audionet MAX amplifiers 12 weeks ago. I ordered one immediately (previous setup was the Metrum Adagio driving the MAXs directly).

It was magic. Inserting a layer of humanity, density and drive and an outstandingly epic soundstage I had not experienced when driving the maxes directly with the Metrum Adagio.

To my ears, here was no discernable insertion loss. That bares repeating THERE WAS NO DISCERNABLE INSERTION LOSS.

This is the first Pre that changed my perception that, when it comes to digital, the best preamp is no preamp.
The Incito S, to my ears, completely destroys that tenet, at least in he context of this system.

The Aries Cerat DACs are equally special. When our budget allows, we will add one of the Kassandra to our reference system.

Despite the 12 week wait, I ordered the Incito S and became an Aries Cerat Dealer here in Canada.

Well the wait is over, and the Incito S arrives today!!

Until we are able to procure the Kassandra 2 REF, we will have to rough it* with either our Mola Mola Tambaqui or the Metrum Adagio feeding the Incito S and the Audionet MAXs. I'm expecting the Tambaqui as the source driving the Incito S to be quite stunning.

*Problems problems problems of the first world... ;)
Can you write more about using Mola Tambaqui, especialy how it sounds direct or throgh Incito, and also how you compareTambaqui with Kassandra?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing