Prince's "Sign 'O The Times" Super Deluxe Reissue

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

SOTT is my one of my all time favorite albums, so I jumped at the chance to buy this 13 LP/1 DVD 'super deluxe' box set. The packaging is excellent and includes a beautiful 120 page booklet filled with gorgeous photography.

After a couple thorough listenings, I can say this may be the greatest box set I've ever heard. The vinyl is impeccable with killer production values. Worth the (hefty) price of admission for the 6 LP's of 'Vault Tracks' and 3 LP Ultrecht Live Concert. Fascinating document of the Purple One at the absolute peak of his powers. Highly recommended and presumably will only increase in value

Can't add much to this Pitchfork review: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/sign-o-the-times-super-deluxe/

There is a long thread on Steve Hoffman: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/sign-o-the-times-prince-super-deluxe-edition.963431/

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Wonderful! Many thanks for the feedback. My wife and I are huge Prince fans and actually had tickets for this tour but unfortunately concert was cancelled due to thunderstorms! The DVD is great in case you don't have it. Enjoy.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
totally agree. I have almost everything Prince has ever done. The box oozes class in content, build and musical genius.

Jaz, do you own the 1999 SDE vinyl box? equally as good.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
totally agree. I have almost everything Prince has ever done. The box oozes class in content, build and musical genius.

Jaz, do you own the 1999 SDE vinyl box? equally as good.

Don't own the 1999 SDE but thinking about it!

Reactions: XV-1

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Cool, sold. Enormous Prince fan. Controversy tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Reactions: jazdoc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing