Production Year of Franco Serblin Accordo

Paul Wan

Jun 30, 2021
I'm now considering a pair of second hand Accordo with serial no. 599. Does anyone know when the speakers are manufactured and which country they are exported to? Thank you.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I'm now considering a pair of second hand Accordo with serial no. 599. Does anyone know when the speakers are manufactured and which country they are exported to? Thank you.
Paul, Franco Serblin will be able to confirm this for you if you can message them through their Facebook page, they are very helpful..

Lovely little speakers btw..

Edit; I just messaged them on your behalf, will update soon as I hear back from them..

Paul Wan

Jun 30, 2021
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your help. As a music lover rather than a hifi lover, I'd like to ask if anything I have to pay attention before buying the speakers. The seller is willing to supply me any information I requested. They are bought from a second hand shop in 2014 and it is a pair demo from an authorized dealer in Hong Kong. As the owner has passed away and the business is terminated, this pair were sold to the second hand shop. He explained this to me as I requested for the photo of the warranty card issued by the distributor and it is not available. I think he doesn't have to make a story like this. What I concern is if it is not from the current or a past Hong Kong distributor, the current distributor is willing to provide repair service to water goods or not. Also, I want to know how old the speakers actually are.

The seller has provided me many photos and they are kept very well. Only some oxidization on the plates of the speaker stands and some scratches on them which are usually unavoidable. But I'm not sure if it is risky to buy a pair of speakers which are about eight years old. Please advise if anything I have to take care of. They price he offered is US$3000. Thanks a lot!

Paul Wan

Jun 30, 2021
I didn't buy them finally as I'd like have one not more than 5 years old. Recently, an authorized dealer is launching a promotion and it is now offered about US$7,000. I'll go for a listening session with my favorite CD and place the order if I'm satisfied with it this weekend.

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I didn't buy them finally as I'd like have one not more than 5 years old. Recently, an authorized dealer is launching a promotion and it is now offered about US$7,000. I'll go for a listening session with my favorite CD and place the order if I'm satisfied with it this weekend.
oh Paul What is your Favorite CD ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing