Purist Audio vs Cardas Cygnus RCA

JM1911

Mar 17, 2021
Hello all, first post here. Looks like a great forum for tons of info. I could not find much in search for Cardas Clear Cygnus interconnects. My system is simple, Innuos Zen mkIII feeding a Chord Qutest DAC with a Shunyata Alpha USB: Qutest Feeding a PrimaLuna EVO 400 integrated via Cardas Clear Cygnus 1m RCA. The PrimaLuna feeds my new Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII's using Purist Audio Venustas Luminist Bi-wire. PC's are Shunyata Venon NR V10 for the PrimaLuna and Venom NR V12 for the Innuos. I mostly stream Qobuz and have a bunch of CD's and DSD files saved to the Zen's HD.

My question is on the Cardas Cygnus RCA. When I bought the cable I had my B&W CDM9NT speakers which had a bright Nautilus tweeter. The Cardas did a great job of smoothing that out. I don't see much discussion on the Cygnus on here or any other forums, must not be very popular. Now that I recently bought the new Sonetto's the tweeter is much more natural and beautiful and makes me wonder am I softening something that does not need to be softened now. I like synergy in my system so if I change interconnect brands I wanted to stay with either Purist or Shunyata. Maybe the Purist Venustas. Anybody have experience with the Cygnus vs other brands like Purist or Shunyata?

JM1911

Mar 17, 2021
So yesterday I received a new 1m pair of Venustas Luminist RCA from the dealer I have been working with where I bought my Venustas speaker cables from. I immediately plugged them in on my A/V receiver and CD player to burn-in while I was working (benefits of working from home right now) because I would rather not waste tube hours on my main system. So last night I did some listening realizing the Venustas RCA only had 6 hours on them, the Cardas Cygnus have over 300 hours. My immediate impressions were clear. The Venustas just has so much more focus, thats the best way to describe it. Every instrument has much more focus in the imaging and every singer, tracks where multiple vocalist were used, each one has a clearer focus and defined voice. The overall body and tone is fuller, especially upright bass like Milt Hilton's bass on Gutbucket Steepy on Branford Marsalis album Trio Jeepy is eerily realistic and present. Overall soundstage is bigger, wider, but mostly deeper both front to back. The Venustas is impressive.

Reactions: Pacha

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I like the Cardas Cygnus...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
So yesterday I received a new 1m pair of Venustas Luminist RCA from the dealer I have been working with where I bought my Venustas speaker cables from. I immediately plugged them in on my A/V receiver and CD player to burn-in while I was working (benefits of working from home right now) because I would rather not waste tube hours on my main system. So last night I did some listening realizing the Venustas RCA only had 6 hours on them, the Cardas Cygnus have over 300 hours. My immediate impressions were clear. The Venustas just has so much more focus, thats the best way to describe it. Every instrument has much more focus in the imaging and every singer, tracks where multiple vocalist were used, each one has a clearer focus and defined voice. The overall body and tone is fuller, especially upright bass like Milt Hilton's bass on Gutbucket Steepy on Branford Marsalis album Trio Jeepy is eerily realistic and present. Overall soundstage is bigger, wider, but mostly deeper both front to back. The Venustas is impressive.
You can improve focus and the imaging of the singers just by addition Furutech NCF Booster and Furutech Signal.

rrrumblenh

Dec 1, 2021
Agree with previous poster that thecableco.com is your solution.
I just borrowed from them the cardas clear Cygnus, dh labs revelation, synergistic research foundation interconnects to compare.

the cardas was the most organic, rich, and spacious sounding of the three. Instrument and voice were vivid and realistic. The dh labs had a bit more inner detail but had less body. The synergistic was a cheaper cable but not bad but not as transparent as the other two…. In my audio system.

Thecableco folks burn in the cables they send out for auditions so you don’t have to wait for break in.

I’ll be buying the cardas clear Cygnus.

I came across this post while hunting for info on the cardas clear Cygnus and other cables while I am auditioning. agree not much out there for reviews on the cardas.

Last edited:
Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Agree with previous poster that thecableco.com is your solution.
I just borrowed from them the cardas clear Cygnus, dh labs revelation, synergistic research foundation interconnects to compare.

the cardas was the most organic, rich, and spacious sounding of the three. Instrument and voice were vivid and realistic. The dh labs had a bit more inner detail but had less body. The synergistic was a cheaper cable but not bad but not as transparent as the other two…. In my audio system.

Thecableco folks burn in the cables they send out for auditions so you don’t have to wait for break in.

I’ll be buying the cardas clear Cygnus.

I came across this post while hunting for info on the cardas clear Cygnus and other cables while I am auditioning. agree not much out there for reviews on the cardas.
Clear Cygnus are sold in different versions and I find it has a very good price-performance ratio and fits in many system combinations. With the Clear Cygnus cable Line ( XLR), the music plays in a room that is not only open to the rear, but also to the front. Instruments get a body and the vocal voice projected into the room seems to be palpable at once, whereby the size of the representation increases by two numbers compared to the smaller CLEAR Sky. A CLEAR Cygnus plays warmer than a CLEAR Sky, but not as opulent as a CLEAR Reflection.
I have bought Hijiri Nagomi and Takumi power cable...and they have an addictive sound. So I don't know if I will try the Hijiri – ' MILLION MASTERS' Cable series.

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
My system is now all Purist cable. I've tried Audioquest, Monster and still even have some oldie but goodie for it's time, Randall. Overall the performance of the Purist cables has been a pleasure to listen too. I know cables are a very subjective area for our systems and what works for one person in their system may not be the answer for another in a different system. My best advice for anyone who is considering cables is to get a hold of some of what interests you and try them out. Some dealers, mine for one, will gladly bring over what they have to demo and even leave them for a short time so you can make a decision. YMMV

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing