Quarantine Day One

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good on you Mike. And very good your wife is unaffected. One of the big stories from the UK has been the enforced isolation of the older community in rest homes and hospices. It's a story that has no positives in any way. So we have the sufferers suffering directly like you. And a whole community suffering remotely, over an apparently indefinite period. Unimaginable.

Reactions: DaveC and Hi-FiGuy

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
it’s a very strange virus indeed, three friends here in Greece (at their early forties), contracted the virus and they only felt weak, with lack of smell for two days only(without any other symptom). For the rest recovery period they had zero symptoms. The same happened with a client at Florida. He is 78 y.o. He got to know (accidentally) that he is positive at his last stage of recovery. All this time was feeling strong and normal and was playing tennis
It is indeed baffling how differently it affects all of us. A buddy in another state had it and had almost zero symptoms and only felt slightly bad for a day.

Well it seems your in spirits. A buddy of mine contracted it at the onset and said the hangover from our seafood covention was worse, dunno.

Any idea how you may of contracted it?
Not really other than I work with public everyday in fairly high volume.
We are home bodies by nature and don't go out much, natural social distancers if you will.
So interesting how severe illness makes us take stock. Being sick or hurt badly helps one reset their priorities.
So true. We have our life priorities in order due previous life events and completely make the most of every second. Those priorities are 100% of why we moved here. You cant get back time not spent with loved ones.

Woke up this morning feeling so much better than yesterday, lets see if we can get through it without any hot flashes and chills.

Back down to the basement to play and we will see if I have the patience to do the motor upgrade to my Rega turntable.

Reactions: christoph

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Got the call from the State Board of Health advising me on what is expected of me and to be a good little boy for 10 days.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Woke up this morning feeling so much better than yesterday, lets see if we can get through it without any hot flashes and chills.

Back down to the basement to play and we will see if I have the patience to do the motor upgrade to my Rega turntable.

Good to hear you're feeling better, and good luck with the TT! :)

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi how are things

Got the call from the State Board of Health advising me on what is expected of me and to be a good little boy for 10 days.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Things are fine, feel fine just a little tired, no stamina. The board of health called and checked on me and lifted the quarantine.
Going today to have a test and am staying home for the rest of the week just to be safe.
The wife has had two negative tests.
Glad you feel better and that your wife did not get infected

Reactions: DaveC and Hi-FiGuy

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Happy to hear you are feeling fine, hang in there you will be back to rockin' and rollin' before you know it.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Happy to hear you are feeling fine, hang in there you will be back to rockin' and rollin' before you know it.
and howlin' at the moon!
This really is big rig material here.
If you only know this album for COMWS you are missing out on some kick ass music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing