Question about Danley Sound Labs 50's or 60's

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Tom, if this thread is still alive and you still happen to be monitoring it, may I ask if you have made any progress with the SM-60 home version with integrated LF section? I would be very, very interested in purchasing such a speaker. If you haven't then I am still equally interested in purchasing SM-60's and appropriate subwoofer's for a home media/music room.

Tom

Call this a bump. Search for a serious Horn speaker has conducted me to your design. Would like to see you post here again! I am reiterating avnutz query here!!!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
84dB efficiency looks pretty challenging.

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
84dB efficiency looks pretty challenging.

There are all sorts of speakers around where they are told to be 87-88-89 dB efficient but practically they are not.
In case of Danley we can be sure the spec is tight and not the marketing department dreamed it.

So I think there affordable amps around easily can handle this sensitivity. like Parasound for example. A 300B or a 2A3 triode amp probably will not be enough for more than very close near filed listening.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing