Question for Brinkmann owners...

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
So now that you've had time with the CSPort, I'm curious how you would compare it with the Balance you had previously?

Best wishes,
Don

The Balance, though an excellent turntable, has been surpassed by the CSPort TAT1 M2 on all fronts with both tonearms (Linear Tracker and SAT - I also had a SAT on the Balance). Both turntables had been professionally set up by the same person.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
The Balance, though an excellent turntable, has been surpassed by the CSPort TAT1 M2 on all fronts with both tonearms (Linear Tracker and SAT - I also had a SAT on the Balance). Both turntables had been professionally set up by the same person.
Thank you for your reply!
I am excited for you and pray that you can enjoy your new table in great health for many years to come. It sure is a beautiful looking table as can be seen in your avatar photo!
Best wishes,
Don

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The Balance, though an excellent turntable, has been surpassed by the CSPort TAT1 M2 on all fronts

Can you please elaborate? What does "all fronts" mean in our hobby's sonic terms?

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
This is what I wrote in January 2023 and it is still valid to this day: 'Way better and the Brinkmann Balance with the SAT LM-09 was already a great combo. The soundstage is wider and deeper with more details and nuances. The bass is just phenomenal'.

The music just flows with a sense of ease and authority.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I used Analog Magik. I would agree with anyone who claims this is not the most accurate method, but it's what I have available. And it do get repeatable (and different) measurements of my Stabi M vs my Bardo. So, it's doing something right.
Just out of curiosity, which table seems to measure more accurately and with a more steady speed... the Stabi M or the Brinkman Bardo?
Thanks much,
Don

SONDEKNZ

Mar 2, 2021
I read in a review that Brinkmann expect owners to leave the platter spinning to keep the bearings warmed up and speed stabilised.

So, those that own a Brinkmann, do you leave it on between sessions or turn it off?

Asking, as my Bardo turns up today!

So, it been a few years, rDin.

What is your overall impression of your BRINKMAN BARDO?

Also, I'm wondering what table you came from, in terms of a reference point.

Any outstanding itches that still need scratching? ;)

benito

Jul 23, 2018
France

rDin

Oct 28, 2019
So, it been a few years, rDin.

What is your overall impression of your BRINKMAN BARDO?

Also, I'm wondering what table you came from, in terms of a reference point.

Any outstanding itches that still need scratching? ;)
Still using it, which is a good sign! Prior to the Bardo it was Rega RP10.

Main changes since Bardo arrived - replacing the Bardo's power supply with RontII power supply, which was a surprisingly good upgrade. The biggest change was replacing the Rega Aura phono with the Gold Note PH-1000 (power supply upgrade incoming).

Any itches left? Cartridge will need replacing soon, but I may just replace like for like. At this point in time I'm more worried about breaking the sound I now enjoy by making unnecessary changes... so, am resisting any urges to scratch!

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
If anyone doubts the difference a power supply can make for a TT, you must hear a Brinkmann with and without the RoNT power supply! Absolutely transformative: more low end, lower noise, etc.

SONDEKNZ

Mar 2, 2021
If anyone doubts the difference a power supply can make for a TT, you must hear a Brinkmann with and without the RoNT power supply! Absolutely transformative: more low end, lower noise, etc.

+100%

I too can attest that with our (pimped) ORIGIN LIVE Advanced DC motor, moving from THE ORIGIN LIVE 9V wall wart PSU, to a LHY 160W/24V Ultra-Low-Noise Linear Power Supply utterly transformed our LINN SONDEK LP12 playback.

Depending upon the season and the in-room temperature, ultimate speed control can still take up to 30-minutes to reach optimal operating temperature, and thereafter it locks-in at the perfect speed and never moves.

Our ORIGIN LIVE DC motor is now over 20-years old and is still completely silent. Not a bad run.

Optimal power supply is fundamental to a good turntable... the stiffer, the better!

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
I had a Balance TT during ten years and I recently sold it.

It came with the RonT II but I only plugged it after several weeks and there were audible subjective improvements. I subsequently swapped the stock rectifier tube for a Mullar GZ34 and again, I could sense some improvement.

Two years ago, I sent the RonT II to Brinkmann for a small overhaul. During several weeks, I had to only use the SS power supply and I could clearly sense that I was missing something. I was very happy when I got the RonT II back. It also came with a BZ34. In my case, I preferred the BZ34 and the Mullard GZ34 has remained in a drawer since then.

The turntable got measured with AnalogMagik by Ana Mighty Sound. I don't recall the measurements we obtained (I might find back some screen shots) but I remember François telling me that we had excellent W&F figures.
Hi, What did you replace the Brinkmann Balance TT with?

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing