Raven 10.5 vs Phantom Supreme

Grooves

Feb 29, 2012
Pacific Northwest
I am looking for feedback on Raven 10.5 vs Phantom Supreme. I lean towards a Phantom having used a 2.2 but was told a Raven 10.5 was worth considering. I like the idea of swapping armwands to use other cart's. but since I will be keeping my 2.2 it's not mandatory. TT is a Raven.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
I switched to the Raven 10.5 from the Graham Phantom B-44. The most apparent difference I heard was in the solidity and deeper bass extension. In general I felt it was a better match for my Raven One.

I am waiting for delivery of the AC Anniversary and I'm keeping the 10.5 for it.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have a B-44 Phantom I and II, a Triplanar VII U2 and a 10.5. I concur with lasercd's impressions about the bass of the 10.5. Along with the VTA adjustment base, the combination is very easy to use. That said, B-44s don't give up much and yes, the ease of switching wands is a wonderful thing. What I would do is sell the 2.2 and have both the 10.5 and a Supreme since the Raven can take them both. That's just me though, I'm a certifiable vinyl maniac. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing