RCM's are dead, hire this guy instead !

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Best video post of the day! He did in fact say we were "gonna laugh" and he wasn't lying.

To begin, I don't know how many of you use "wood glue" to clean your records, but for some reason he thinks that's a popular technique.
Also, gotta love it when he says he has a high end turntable and "doesn't mess with garbage". But the absolute highlight was at 5:01 when he demonstrates his unique stylus cleaning technique. Quite a hoot. Also I have to wonder how he cleans 33's since they don't have the wide spindle holes that 45's have. (Maybe he puts his head in the 33 spindle hole- it might fit.) Really priceless stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Davitt

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I thought I was the only one who used rain-X and polishing cloths.

Reactions: bonzo75

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I thought I was the only audiophile who has a lot of dead bugs in my LPs’ grooves!

sombunya

Oct 18, 2012
now this is how to clean your records !

Not really my preferred method for cleaning a record but in the past I have run them under a faucet, dish soap etc.

In Thailand my bro in law gave me some records. One 45 rpm was so bad I had to pull it off the tt as quickly as I could. It looks more destroyed by 1/4 lb VTF than dirty. I may give it a once over with the windex.

PaulB

Jan 22, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota
analog.audio
I wonder if he uses the bottle of booze behind him for tough build-up. I know I would

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I saw this a while back and l laughed my ass off.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing